- sometimes a fantasy

[ season 3 episode 3 ]

"You better have a good excuse for waking me up O'Malley." Holly says groggily walking out of her room to see boxes in the hallway. She rubbed her eyes a few times to see if she was seeing correctly. "Are you moving out and just didn't bother to tell us?" Holly asks as George bumps into another box.

"Nope, Callie brought all her stuff here." George says as Meredith opens her door to see all the boxes. "I was having a really dream and you ruined it." Meredith said making Holly raise her eyebrow.

"You go Meredith, you get it on in your dream." Holly said winking. She turned back into her room before Meredith could say anything. She looked around her room after having re-painted it and completely moved the room around after he boredom of not being at work. Today was the day. First day back, again. For like the second time this year.

"We, we can do this." Holly mumbled to herself. "Why am I saying we. Oh no I've gone crazy."

×××

"George just get used to it, Callie is cool she makes coffee in the morning you are not kicking her out neither am I or neither Mer. Understood?" Holly asked looking at George who mumbled. "Yes ma'am."

"Excuse me? Did you just call me ma'am! I am not a patient." Holly said playfully slapping George on the arm as he smiled.

"Hello! I'm here and I can't wait to watch people be cut into." Holly said smiling as they approached Meredith and Cristina. Holly yawned making them all raise their eyebrows at her. "You have been at home for two weeks and you're yawning?" Cristina asked her.

"It's not as easy as it seems." Holly shrugged her shoulders. As Meredith shook her head. Alex joined the group as Bailey approached them also.

"Morning people, Grey we're clearing the decks. I need you writing discharge forms. Webstone, you're with Doctor Shepherd." Bailey said as Holly instantly grinned. Her first day back and working with Derek.

Bailey finished assigning tasks walking away smiling. "Is she smiling?" Cristina asked as Holly couldn't help but smile. "She must've missed me." Alex cleared his throat and made everyone look at him. "Izzies back!" Alex said as Holly's smile faded. She hadn't actually spoke to Izzie she only ate Izzie's pity cupcake in the silence of the kitchen.

"Yay!" Holly said sarcastically with a forced smile. Meredith and Cristina looked at each other uncomfortably. George just tried to make small talk with Alex to avoid the topic of Izzie.

Holly looks at her pocket and saw the light flash from her phone. She looked at the caller ID to see Mark calling her. She answered the phone and before he could even say anything she asked him, "What have you done?" Holly asked in a stern voice as George raised his eyebrows. "Who's that?" George mouthed as the girl shook her head.