- detoriation of the fight or flight response

[ season 2 episode 26 ]

𝗙𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗼𝗿 𝗳𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁:

the instinctive physiological response to a threatening situation, which readies one either to resist forcibly or to run away

"Come on don't leave me Holly. Burke you still there?" Bailey asks while performing CPR on Holly. "Right forgot you can't answer. A little help would be nice!" Bailey shouted louder than last time.

"Finally!" Bailey says when she see Richard walk over. "How bad are they?" Richard asked while looking over Burke who was struggling to keep his eyes open.

"Burke has a GSW to the shoulder, while Holly has a GSW to the stomach. He's lost alot of blood, but I'm pretty sure hers is through and through. But she's lost consciousness." Bailey explained while they got Holly onto a gurney.

"Bailey, when you get her in there, close the blinds. Yang's in trauma two." Richard ordered as Bailey wheeled in Holly.

"You stay with me Holly, you aren't going near the light." Bailey said as they got into the trauma room. First thing Bailey did was close the blinds.

Bailey walked up to Holly who was getting hooked up to monitors before she stopped them. "Wait, let's check her wound." Bailey said as they got prepared to roll Holly to her side. "Oh thank you Lord Jesus." Bailey says as the put Holly back on back. "Okay, it's through and through but she's lost a fair bit of blood." Bailey explained as she started to hear Holly's ring tone from Holly's pocket.

Derek walked in to see Holly on a gurney. "Bailey what can I do?" Derek asked instantly wanting to help his person.

"Answer her God damn phone. Whoever it is seems very persistent for her to answer her phone." Bailey ordered as Derek walks up to Holly and pulls the phone out.

"Who's ass hat?" Derek asked looking at the caller ID. They hear groans from Holly. "Holly." Derek said taking one of her hands. "You're gonna be alright. I'm gonna answer your phone." Holly could only let out another groan.

"Hello?" The voice asks from the other side of the phone. "Mark?" Derek asks with his teeth gritted. Holly groaned again. Holly grabbed Bailey's hand. Catching Bailey off guard. "Hey, I've got you okay." Bailey said running a hand through Holly's hair.

"Why are you answering Holly's phone?" Mark asked, setting out two options. Either she'd gone drinking with Derek and forgot to call. Or she'd got hurt and he was really hoping it was option one.

"Why are you calling Holly's phone?" Derek asked, Bailey rolled her eyes and walked up to Derek and took the phone from him. "Hello, this is Doctor Bailey speaking, Holly got shot in the stomach and I am currently trying to help her, so if you would please hang up and call at a better time that would be wonderful." Bailey said hanging up the phone.