- a change is gonna come

[ season 4 episode 1 ]

"I have five rules. Memorise them." Holly said turning to her interns. "Rule number one, don't bother sucking up, I already hate you. That probably won't change."

She stands at the nurses station smiling. "Trauma protocols, phone lists, pagers. The nurses will page you, you answer every page at a run... a run. That's rule number two." Holly starts walking as her interns instantly follow behind her.

"You first shift starts now and lasts 36 hours. You're grunts, nobodies, the bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, you write orders, you work every second night until you drop. And do not bother complaining because I won't care." Holly says as her group and her arrive at the on-call room.

"On call rooms. Sleep when you can, where you can. Try not to sleep with any attendings." Holly said knowing she was doing exactly against her own rules. "Rule number, if I'm sleeping, do not wake me. Unless your patient is dying. And by the time I get there the patient better not be dead. Because not only would you have woke me up for no good reason, but you've also killed someone in the process." Holly said as a girl with brown hair raises her hand.

"Yes?" Holly asked raising her eyebrow at the girl.

"That was four rules. You said five." She said as Holly smiled.

"Rule number five.. don't do anything stupid. Don't cut any LVAD wires or get extremely attached to a patient. Now go." Holly said shooing her interns away as she smiled to herself.

×××

"I hate them." Cristina said as Holly walked down the hallway. "Sunshine! Oh we have to discuss something." Cristina said pulling Holly down to sit next to her.

"Go on." Holly said raising her eyebrow at Cristina.

"Well, my interns. I numbered them, then I realised how familiar one of them was, turns out it was your brother." Cristina said making Holly's eyes widen.

"I'm sorry what!" Holly said loudly. "I rocked it. I think I'm the new nazi." Alex said joining the others.

"No Alex, I'm the new nazi." Holly said pointing at herself. "That was hideous, I feel like a fraud." Izzie said.

"It's cause you are." Holly said quietly making Alex laugh. "Nice one." Alex said as they fist bumped.

"Neither of you are the new nazi." Cristina said rolling her eyes.

"Georgie!" Holly says as George walked over to them. "Am I allowed to call you Georgie, or do I have to keep our friendship on the downlow?" Holly says quietly.