- an honest mistake

[ season 5 episode 16 ]

After Mr Dunn had left the hospital and was sent off to die it was clear his words had an effect on Derek. And after performing a surgery on Addison's brother, he is finding it more difficult to cope.

Holly is making sure to keep checking up on him but Derek being Derek bottles it up till the last second. Not only is she making sure to keep up with Derek but also Cal. Seeing as she wanted to sit down her family in one room and talk everything out - which would honestly be alot.

×××

"Cal." Holly greeted finding him at the nearest nurses station with Callie just behind him. "Family meeting, in that conference room tonight."

Cal looked at the conference room and back at his sister, "I'm sorry, a family meeting? Since when have we ever done those and why are we doing are first one in a hospital conference room?"

"Because, our family has issues that need to be discussed and if we do it in a hospital we have less chance of strangling each other." Holly explained with a shrug.

"You think we are going to strangle each other?" Cal queried as Holly nodded instantly.

"Oh, yes. You and Mr Daniel over there seem to have lots of secrets. I have one too which I'll also reveal to you all." Holly eyed Mark as he came round the corner with two coffee cups in hand.

"Oo! Tell me now, tell me now!" Cal begged like a seven year old on the school playground wishing to know your secret crush.

Holly snorted and leant against the desk, "I'm sorry, you want me to tell you? You're a blabber mouth."

Cal gasped and hit her on the arm, "That is so rude!"

Holly rolled her eyes, smiling when Mark approached her after slapping Callie's and Addison's prying hands away from the coffee cups.

"Do I have to tell our own father about the family meeting?" Cal asked, tilting his head at his sister.

"Yes go, now. I'm supposed to be mad at you - which to clarify I am!" Holly exclaimed as Cal walked to the other side of the nurses station to talk to their father.

"Hey." Mark greeted her as he handed the coffee cup, she eyed before taking it slowly. "I didn't poison it."

"Yes but this could be some trick to get me out of the idea of telling Derek about us." Holly said making Mark fake gasp and place a hand on his heart in mock hurt.