- good mourning

𝗠𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗦𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗦
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
(- season six episode one )

The words Derek said simply went in one of Holly's ear and went out the other. It wasn't happening, no , no , no. George O'Malley was not dead, this was not happening. It one of those sick and twisted dreams we have when we imagine one of our loved ones to be dead, it's not true and it's not real.

That's the phrase you have to tell yourself other and other yourself when you wake up from the nightmare. Except, this was no nightmare. There was no waking up from it, you could pinch your arm until it's numb, but it wouldn't change anything. Because the difference was this was reality, not some sick twisted dream. ( that's what she wished it to be. )

And to make matters worse, ( it couldn't get worse than Derek standing infront of you telling you, George was dead ) Lexie Grey was in denial. Unable to believe the man on the table was George.
And people believed Lexie because everyone was going off one piece of information, that 007 had been written into Holly's palm. Apparently that wasn't good enough these days.

So that's how it ended up with everyone stood outside the window of ( supposed ) George O'Malley's room. With Holly stood infront of them when she didn't want to talk, she wanted to cry and get this day over with. Why, why hadn't she cried yet?

Why didn't it feel real yet? She was hanging on to tiny pieces of thread, hoping it wasn't George, but I guess a part of her knew.

"He wrote.... into my hand..." Holly explained, everyone could tell his crushed she was. From the way she stammered, to the way she fiddled with her hands. She couldn't stand in this hallway, too much had happened here, like George running into the wall or falling face first onto the floor.

And even if they saw how crushed she was, they needed answers, and she was the only one who could supply them. So, they did the worst thing possible. Bombarded her with questions.

"What do you mean he wrote?"

"What did he do?"

There were questions flying at her left, right and centre. Making it hard to understand who's voice was who's. "Alright! All of you shut up and let her explain!" Mark yelled over the voices of the others, instantly silencing them and giving her gateway to speak.

"He grabbed onto my hand and squeezed it. He wrote the nickname only we used 007."

Derek furrowed his eyebrows, "He wrote with his finger?"

Holly was beginning to get frustrated with how they weren't grasping this very easy concept, "You know! With his finger he wrote number by number. Zero , zero , seven."

Bailey opened her mouth, before grabbing onto Holly's hand and drawing something with her finger. "Okay, what'd I write?"

"You wrote something? I thought you drew a duck." Holly shrugged.

"No! No, no I did not draw a duck!" Bailey exclaimed, the voices began to mix into one again as they all started to shout again. Saying, oh this might not be O'Malley! Then why did it feel like it was? There was no doubt in Holly's mind it was George, sure she didn't want to believe it. But there was apart of her that knew.