- freedom

[ season 4 episode 16 ]

"I have four rules for today!" Holly said standing infront of Alex,Cristina, Meredith, George and Izzie. "Rule number one! No one asks me who broke up with me, well it wasn't really a break up but it kinda was." Holly said as she shrugged her shoulders, even if Meredith and Cristina already knew who it was and truth be told, they were extremely mad.

"Rule number two! Nobody asks me how I am, I am splendid I got drunk, cried and threw up orange juice. So I'm fine." Holly said as they all stood straight faced infront of her.

"Rule number three! We are all going to go to Joe's and get drunk!" Holly said as Lexie walked past. "And Lexie is going to join us!" Holly said grabbing Lexie by the arm and adding her to the group.

"You said four rules, that was three." Meredith pointed out as Holly put on her thinking face.

"Yeah, theres not rule number four. But am I understood!" Holly asked as they all nodded. "Now disappear."

×××

"Well isn't this nice?" Mark asked as he stood in the OR with Holly who refused to look at him. "Right, yeah." Mark said.

"I should've sparkle pagered my way out of this." Holly mumbled making Mark raise an eyebrow at her. "What was that Webstone?"

"Just declaring my love for this surgery." Holly said sarcastically, the joy of working with Mark had slowly deteriorated. Not only did they unintentionally bump into each other, they then had to scrub in together, in complete silence.

"Yeah, well you're the only intern I trust to do this with me." Mark said as Holly raised her eyebrow. "You know I'm not an intern right? I'm a resident." Holly stated simply as Mark realised the mistake he'd made.

"You know what I meant." Mark said making Holly roll her eyes.

"Yeah, I know what you meant."

×××

"I hate today already." Holly said as she walked into the on-call room. She opened the door to see Cal narrating a situation between Hahn and Callie and him ontop of Callie. "Oh my God!" Holly said quickly turning around. "I hate on-call rooms!" Holly said in frustration of catching two people have sex in this room now and basically being broken up with. "Have you two not heard of locking the door!" Holly said as she stared at the door hearing movement behind her.

"Have you heard of knocking!" Cal said as he quickly pulled his scrub top on. "Good point!" Holly said nodding.

The room falls into a silence as Holly and Callies pagers go off. "Oh thank God." Holly says as she walks out the room with Callie following after her.