𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭 | 𝟏𝟏

"what did you say (b/n)? no, no." you shook your head. "oh my god, he's my roommate back in the city and he's also an upperclassman in my university."

"does he know who your dad is?" she whispered again, not even considered whispering from how loud she is.

"yes, he knows my dad and stepmother." you nodded as you said. "Oikawa, this is the neighbor next door on the right but she's also a close friend of the family." you introduced.

Oikawa bowed with a smile. Kiyoko looked like she was mesmerized by his smile. you cleared your throat. "how's senior year?" you asked.

she shrugged. "boring. why didn't you bring Kuroo with you too! i haven't seen him in forever." she said grabbing your hands.

you glanced at Oikawa, whose face didn't look like it was happy. he seemed pissed by the mention of Kuroo. "uhm- he's you know, busy himself. i just came back for a few days for (b/n), i go back the day after tomorrow..."

"what!?" your brother said. his face started to pout and tears formed in his eyes. "Oikawa, take me to the other room." your brother said while covering his eyes.

you sighed. "i hadn't told him i was leaving yet..." you told Kiyoko. "how'd you know i was here?" you asked as the two of you walked to the living room.

"my mother was talking with Mrs. (n/n) and she mentioned your name." she said as Oikawa entered the room again. "you've gotten skinny, are you eating enough?" she poked your stomach.

you glanced at Oikawa, leaning against the wall. "go put on a shirt." you threw the couch pillow at him. Kiyoko turned around and stared down his body.

"your brother's crying in the other room. won't let me talk to him." he said as he hugged the throw pillow.

you sighed. "i'm just gonna go talk to him. if he asks you something, don't answer him." you said to Kiyoko. she nodded and you gave Oikawa a warning look as you passed by him.

you went into your brothers room and tried calling him down and talking to him.

in the living room, Oikawa sat on the singular couch and stared at Kiyoko. she smiled to fill the awkwardness and because she didn't know what to say.

"how do you know Kuroo?" he asked, tilting his head.

'(y/n) told me not to answer anything...but i'm sure this is nothing.' Kiyoko thought. she shook her head mentally. "well he used to live around here, his house is not that far from here. also i would always hang out with (y/n) and Kuroo would be over here since they both went to the same high school."

he hummed. "how old are you Kiyoko?" he leaned back.

"i'm eighteen. why?" she asked. he responded with a shrug and just smiled. she smiled back and looked away. 'i wonder how bi-'

"okay i'm back." you said coming back to the living room. "you." you grabbed the pillow from Oikawa's grasp. "go play with (b/n). and put on a shirt for the hundredth time!"

"no." he said as he exited the room. you rolled your eyes and sat down on the couch.

"(y/n), is he single?" Kiyoko asked, making your eyes go wide from shock.

"yes..." her face lit up. "but he's three years older than you, don't even think about it." you told her.

"but (y/n)." she whined. "i'm eighteen so it's okay." she smiled while looking away, thinking about the idea.

you shook your head. "that's not a good idea Kiyoko." you warned her.

she gave you a look. "maybe you like him..?" she smiled. your face started to turn red and you shook your head instantly. "oh come on. you said he's your roommate. how do you live with that, and not fuck him once."