𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐚 | 𝟑𝟖

"wow—you have a beautiful place." you said in wow while spinning around and seeing every corner of his house.

"thank you

"thank you." he replied with a low chuckle. "my mother designed it. she's an interior designer so when she heard i was moving into a new place—she instantly came to start working on repairing everything, including the wallpaper, lights, furniture."

you sat down on the sofa which felt so soft and you felt like you were sulking in from how soft it was. so soft and squishy as if a bed, you could sleep here if you really wanted to. "wow! your moms really good. my father had my place done by regular interior designers but my place is nothing compared to yours." you gave him a smile.

he gave you a smile back and placed his coat down on the sofa. "i'm gonna get us some drinks. you can get yourself comfy." you nodded and watched as he walked to the kitchen which wasn't that far but still a distance away from the living room. while waiting for him to come back, you went on your phone and noticed a message.

hey! where are you? do you want to hang out today?

you read that the message said you received it an hour ago. you were hoping she would forget to hang out today and just do her own things because you were still pretty confused on the situation with Mia, plus the situation with Oikawa. you hadn't talked to him since you left your place and no message or calls from him. which was a good thing but you still felt a bit sad because you didn't like the feeling of him hiding something from you.

"so..when do you plan on officially working for your father?" Sugawara asked while placing down a bottle of beer in front of you and then bringing his bottle to his lips, sitting down besides you as you placed your phone back in your purse.

"i'm not sure." you gave him an honest reply. "if i'm being totally honest, i never really wanted to do business but my father basically chose my life for me." you rolled your eyes playfully. "but it's not like i hate business, just wasn't my first choice." you shrugged.

he tilted his head. "ok, let's imagine your father never picked your major for you," you nodded. "what would you be or decide to major in?"

you thought about it. "a lawyer?" you said unsurely, making you both laugh. "definitely a lawyer. but i'm not sure if it would've really worked out that well so it's ok." you shrugged. "was business your first choice too?"

he nodded. "i've always gone to meetings with my dad when i was younger and he would always go on and on about how hard his job is and that you have to have precise thinking." he chuckled. "he told me i wouldn't enjoy it but i wanted to prove him." he answered truthfully.

you gave a small smile and took another sip of your drink. times like these made you forget what a mess your life was. "does your boyfriend know you're here?" you shook your head and broke eye contact. "and if he finds out?" you didn't reply and just took a bigger sip this time. "you guys got into an argument?"