Goro Majima : MAKOTO : Part 1 (Valentines Special)

⚠️SPOILER ALERT⚠️
YAKUZA 0 AND KIWAMI 2

[Swoops in and slaps thighs seductively]

WHOO

Dedicated to my new friend Dannieherb for being super kind, gifting me a story and also writing Majima just perfect 💕🙏

As usual I get completely carried away, which is why this is late ASF and split into 2 parts (shit's like 12000 words together)

Set during Majima's Saga, Kiwami 2, except we're pretending Majima Construction was set up wayyyy before.
The way I've written Ibuchi is giving off absolute Kristoph Gavin energy, what have I done 😂😂

This is the longest piece of writing I've done in a long time, but I just got so into the story and Majima's angsty, sensitive side.

I hope you guys enjoy this, I couldn't wait until part 2 was completely finished to upload because I'm impatient 😂

Fuck Valentines day. He wasn't interested. Never had been. It was just some dumb ass holiday designed to make people spend money and act fake. The amount of soppy advertising around Kamurocho was literally fucking sickening to Majima, and arriving in Sotenbori it seemed that was no different. It was disgusting.

Goro never, ever thought he would be coming back here, for anything. Unfortunately however, he had found himself in a situation that required him to track down an important man's killer, in order to remove suspicion from himself.
You knew he was yakuza, and that sometimes he had to do upsetting things, but you would never truly understand.
Your own location issue was complicated, too. Despite being his spouse and living in Kamurocho, work had kept you in Osaka for the last month. You weren't sure exactly when you would be coming home to Tokyo, but you knew it wouldn't be soon given how much work you had to do.
Therefore, it had been far easier for Majima to hop on a train and come to you today, February 14, in this shithole, under the guise of Valentine's day. What a pain.
Stepping off onto the platform, he breathed the polluted, Kansai air, repulsed by it.
It made him totally unwilling to come back into this hell place, even if you were here.
Opening his phone, he went straight to' D' for 'Doll', keying your number into a payphone.

In the massage parlour you were visiting to redecorate with handpainted wallpaper and designs, your phone buzzed loudly in your bag.
"Oh, Tateyama-san, I better take this. It's showing up unknown."
"Okay!" Makoto beamed, her bright eyes feeling like light rays of sunshine on your face. The girl was so cute and sweet, an absolute joy to be around on this job. "I'll make us some tea, then!"
"I'll be two seconds," you said, moving out into the newly painted hallway, that plasticine like smell still lingering round.
"Heyyy, took ya long enough to answer. I was beginnin' to think ya'd skipped town with another man," he joked, looking at his watch.
"OH! It's you! Sorry, I'm working!"
"Yer always workin'. Ahh, nevermind that. Happy Valentines day, Honey."
Gasping, you squealed a little on the line.
"Oh. My. God. I totally forgot! Happy Valentines day! Where are you?"
"Heh. Thought ya might, workin' yerself the way ya do. That's why I hopped on a train to come see ya. I'm in Sotenbori, right now. To see you!"
"You are?? You came all the way from Tokyo?! Oh my GOOOOOOOD!!" you squealed, blowing his ear out over the receiver. "Want me to come get you?! You must be tired!"
Your tone was so delighted. It made his heart skip a beat.
"I got legs. I can walk. Where ya at?"
"Hogushi Kaikan Massage Parlour. We're finishing up for renovations. Know it?"
"Ho-Hogushi-?" He was utterly fucking horrified, stuttering and spluttering. WHY there?! "Err, I mean... Yeah. Yeah, did they really rebuild it? South Shofukucho?"
"That's it! Is something wrong?"
"Nawww... I know where that is... L-Listen, Baby. I'll let ya get back to work, I ain't gotta lot of change for this payphone-"
"Payphone? Why are you using a payphone?"
"Haw? Um... Mine died. That's why. I gotta charge it up! I'll come find ya but, don't worry yerself none over me. Might take a stroll, could be a while."
"Alright, well, the offer is still there if you want me to come get you. I'll see you soon, okay? I love you!"
"I love ya, too," he sighed, dragging up bad memories. "I'll let ya go, Hon. Bye bye... Bye."
He hung up, slipping the mobile back into his pocket. Upon coming here to find Ryota Kawamura, the person said to be responsible for the killing of Uematsu, he had been tipped off that no-one other than the Tojo Subsidiary, Kei Ibuchi, was tapping his phone calls and had been for a long time. The less he could use his personal phone, the better. He had to be careful whilst he was here.