Goro Majima : Don't Dream It's Over

Another dumb idea that never really developed

Lying in the bath and texting on your phone, a bulletin sounded, grabbing your attention. According to the news, on the radio sat on your bathroom counter, Kamurocho was battling some sort of pandemic, causing it's residents to turn into zombies!
The footage was carnage and frightening. Some of your friends had texted you asking if you were okay, others posting statuses on social media with hospital check-ins and the like.
The bulletin urged people all over Asia to prepare for a full lockdown, and begged residents to stay in their homes - particularly those in Kamurocho.
Sitting up in the tub, your mind fogged with panic, confusing you for a moment and hindering a normal thought process.
You thought about that man you had began interacting with recently, at the café you worked in first, then around town. He was nice and had offered to take you out one day, something you just imagined was useless flirting at first. But you had grown close to him... Despite having no idea what his name was. He had a really weird dress sense, which is what drew you to him at first. (Except from one day when he came into the cafe in a suit, he chose to sit in that day and talk to you... You lost your mind watching him from behind the counter.)

Clarity hit when your bathroom door opened gently to reveal the man himself, dragging the tip of his bloody baseball bat against the tiles as he slunk in. Crowded House were playing on the radio, and you knew that if you were ever to see him again, that this song of theirs would play in your head.
Gasping, you went to stand up, but he steadied you and covered your body with the towel you'd set outbfor after your soak.
"I came to say goodbye," he murmured, sighing as he stared at the ground.
"Goodbye?!" you squeaked, leaping forwards. The man knelt beside the tub, gazing up at your slightly flushed face and grabbing you so you didn't slip.
"Listen to me."
His voice was so soft and hushed, his hand coming up to pull the towel closer around you.
"Kamurocho's fucked. It's overrun with zombies turning everyone and killing others. One of 'em tried takin' a chunk of my fuckin' arm," he explained gently, presenting his muscled appendage to you, wrapped in bandage. "I'm probably gonna die. I'm already gettin' the symptoms."
"Die?! You can't die! Let's go to the hospital-!" you begged, already all too aware of the answer. "You can't!"
"I'm sorry, Babe. Only way to stop' em is multiple bullets to the head." Hanging his head in his hands, he couldn't believe how childish he was being. Why couldn't he just be a man and tell you the truth?
Letting go of your body, he retreated.
"Y/N-chan, stay inside, won't you? Promise me you'll stay safe."
"Why don't you just stay here?!"
"'Cause I'm damn dangerous. I'll kill you."
"Wait!" you called after him, and he stopped, looking over his shoulder.
"I don't even know what your name is!"
He was silent, leaving without a sound. Sinking into the water, you wished to die there and then. The world was coming to an end anyway.

Some weeks passed, and the threat was put under control. Eventually, you went back to work once it was renovated. It was destroyed after somebody apparently flew a helicopter into it. (But that was just a rumour.)

You were so miserable, cleaning the tables. The radio was blaring 80s tunes, and the song from that day came on, making you grimace. Tears began gathering in your eyes, and you had to compose yourself before your boss saw you.
"Don't cry..."
A hand touched your shoulder, and scared you out of your skin. Turning around, you couldn't believe who was smiling at you. It had to be a ghost!
"Turns out I just had allergies," he admitted, presenting a bouquet to you. Accepting it, you smelled it, the scent of real flowers making you smile.
"Can we... Can I still take you for that dinner?" he asked, keeping his gaze low. You smiled and nodded, placing the flowers on the table and throwing your arms around him, unable to contain your emotion.