Goro Majima: Understand

Hugging him from behind, you press your face into his casual shirt, a cheek pushing up against your eye. His body feels tense in your arms, but in a tired sort of way.
"Are you stressed?"
It's a little mumble, but he catches it.
"Hmph," he snorts, continuing to wash plates at the sink.
"What makes ya say that?"
"Don't snap at me," you whine, sounding more like a scolded child than a concerned wife. He sighs deeply, placing the last plate on the rack and ditching the used tea towel after drying off.
"C'mere," Majima says, exhausted. Gesturing with his hands, he turns his body to welcome you, pulling you in for a much needed snuggle. You face him, and he slides his palms over your ears, either side of your head, on top of your hair.
Goro can't get anything past you. You know him far too well and for too long for him to be fooling you.
"I'm just tired, Babe," he lies with a gentle smile.
"You know there's more to it than that."
He exhales again, tilting his head the other way in his neck with a furrowed, anxious brow. Eye contact is broken in his end, but yours follow him intently.
"Tell me what's bothering you. You know you can talk to m-"
He practically lunges, cutting you off with a mouthful of hidden, unbridled lust. Your body is relaxed at his affection, but stiff with surprise. His kiss is deep, pushing you into submission with light tobacco taste. It only lasts a few seconds, your mouth silent when he pulls away and looks down at you with a small smirk. Kisses always worked to shut you up, even if he wasn't the best kisser. (He didn't think so.)
"I know."
That's all he says.

'Please understand,' he thinks to himself, as he pushes your hair out of your face. Sometimes, your presence was just enough.