Goro Majima : Baby

Labour, birth and babies, please don't read if you're triggered by pregnancy or birth. Just obsessed with Majima's desire to have a family honestly, got a few drafts related to this, I'm so cringey lmao

Shuffling around in bed again, you eventually took the L and just got up. It was time. You had to go.
"Goro- Hold on," you breathed, trying to power through the tightness in your abdomen. He sat up instantly, not really asleep before, switching on the lamp and throwing his arms out to you. You were bent over the bed, waiting for the contraction to finish.
"God, that hurts."
"Do we need to go?" he asked gently, concerned.
"Yeah, I think so."

Kneeling on the carpeted floor of the birthing suite, you sucked on the gas and air pipe with every contraction, shutting your eyes and trying to concentrate. Majima's slender fingers swiped over your forehead, carding through your hair as you leant against his knee, crying lowly with pain.
"It hurts... It fucking hurts..."
"I know it does, Darlin'."
He felt absolutely powerless, watching you go through this.
The hospital lighting was making you dizzy, the glare sickening.
"Is it alright if I check to see if you're more dilated from last time?" a midwife said, smiling sweetly.
Attempting to get onto your feet, he steadied you, keeping a hold of you until your unsure gaze met his. There was a small pause, like you were concerned.
"I... No, I think he's coming."
Bending over, you leant on his knees, burrowing your face in his shirt and growling throatily.
Midwives rushed over, gloved up and ready to catch the infant.
"Alright, I need you to squat a little for me," one said, attempting to push on your back gently so you bent at the knees. "That's it... Ohh! He's crowning!"
Your body went numb. You felt the urge to push, but couldn't find the strength within yourself to clench your muscles.
"If you need to push, you can push."
"I know I need to push but I can't," you wailed. "I can't do it." Sobbing, you gripped handfuls of your husband's shirt.
"Hey-ay-ay," he called, trying to keep your head up with light kisses. "C'mon. Try a big push."
"I really need you to try and push into your bottom for me, or baby's going to get distressed."
You panicked, he felt stuck. The midwives were desperately trying to instruct you, since you were running out of time. Every second felt like an hour.
"Candle pants. Candle pants. Then we're going to try another big push, alright?"
You took a deep breath and whined, as you heaved your entire abdomen pushing.
"Keep pushing, keep pushing, keep pushing," the midwives chanted in tandem, waiting for the head to show.
"I can see his head! Slow pants. Like you're blowing out a candle."
Goro joined in, pressing his forehead against yours in order to try and get to you breathe like the nurses were asking. You felt the urge to push and squeezed tight, a gasp from behind you.
You had no idea what they were saying after that, but with one final push, the body slid out, cord clamped and cut as he was whisked away quickly.
"Is he out?"
"Yeah, he's out," he replied, staring over at the nurses for information.
Slumping forward and sinking to your wobbly knees, you felt empty. There was a baby in your stomach before, now there wasn't even a baby in your arms. Lying your chin on his knee, he couldn't bear to look at your tired eyes searching for an answer from him. Tears rolled down your cheeks, his thumb swiping over them.
"Hey," he soothed, stroking your head. "It's alright. You've done it."
"Is he okay?"
Before he could answer, after what was actually just a few minutes but felt like a lifetime, the midwife came in to explain that he needed a bit of oxygen when he was born, which is why he was taken so quickly, but miraculously he was completely fine and just gave everyone a shock.
"He's just being cleaned up and you'll get to hold him. Well done!"

Finally, your baby was handed to you on the carpet, since you weren't ready to move just yet. He was so small and light, but filled your emptiness heavily. The smell of your newborn filled you with a pure sort of love you didn't even know existed. He'd been swaddled and dressed with a blue, little knitted hat, his tiny noises bringing tears to your husband's eyes.
"God, he's beautiful."
"Hello, Little Bear, you gave Mommy and Daddy a fright," you said with a smile. "Do you want to dress him, then I can try and feed him?"
You couldn't have asked a better question. Handing him the newborn, he took to fatherhood straight away.
"Man, yer cute as fuck."

You actually just enjoyed watching them interact from the confort of your hospital bed. How gentle Majima was trying to dress the little angel, taking care not to pull to hard and sometimes not being heavy enough with him.
"Look at all this black hair," he noticed, softly running his fingers over the hem of the hat.

You got to take him home the next day, and it felt as if the years flew by.

Majima took his spot next to you on the couch after putting Hikaru in bed, snuggling up to you like a puppy.
"The Bear went straight to bed tonight," he smiled, glancing at the photograph of the three of you on the mantle like he always did when he sat on the sofa.
"No fightin'. Nothin'. My li'l boy is growin' up."
"He's only 2," you giggled, rubbing your eyes.
"Looks like I'm back fighting with you to get to bed on time!" he teased, running his hand over your thigh to give it a little squeeze. You noticed he had the frown on his face when he was thinking, hesitant and furrowing his brow as he thought of how to preface a question.
"What's the matter?" you asked, lazily flicking through the TV guide. He was silent, drawing shapes into your thigh as he processed the question in his own mind. "Goro. I'm talking to you. Whatever it is, just say it."
He just couldn't believe how lucky he was, being given another chance to start a family.
"I want a baby."
"You can't have one," you joked. "You don't have anywhere to keep one."
"Well..." he said, pretending to think. Placing his hand on your stomach, he continues. "I was gonna ask if we could rent this out for nine months, whaddaya think they'll say?"
Snickering, you snaked your arms round his neck with a grin, touching noses.
"Not sure... Should we ask them or just find out?"
He didn't even reply verbally, chuckling as his wetted lips pressed against yours beneath the low light of the television. His family was going to be complete.