Goro Majima : Father HC's

I just want my man Mr Goro to have his family, you feel me?

Also I've basically made him a family so for these hcs I've quoted my own Majima family to make it easier, you can always tailor them to yourself!

🚨Warning for descriptions of pregnancy and childbirth but there's nothing too graphic🚨
🚨Spoilers for Majima's past🚨

👨‍👩‍👦 Is absolutely ecstatic when he finds out you're expecting/adopting! He can't contain himself!
👨‍👩‍👦 After his initial outburst of joy, he doubts the situation at first. Are you lying or joking? His first wife left an imprint on him that he doesn't like to talk or think about. What if he's a burden? What if him tying you down this way interrupts your dreams?
👨‍👩‍👦 If your pregnancy is unexpected, he wonders if he was supposed to ask you first, and might act distant. It's just because he doesn't want to be an inconvenience. In his mind, his own happiness is an inconvenience and as sad as it is, he's been conditioned to feel that way.
👨‍👩‍👦 Expect to be giving him a lot of comfort and motivation either way. He thinks he'll be useless as a parent. He doesn't understand how you could love him, nevermind a child. You will have to be patient and appreciative of his feelings in order to help him work through them.
👨‍👩‍👦 If you have doubts however, he's very attentive and finds it easier to soothe your worries than his own.
👨‍👩‍👦 Once he gets over his initial insecurities and you're coming along smoothly, he tells EVERYONE.
👨‍👩‍👦 Thinks about names all the time, and prefers Japanese names but will negotiate.
👨‍👩‍👦 Very protective. He will glare. He will threaten. He will fight. This man must keep you safe at all costs.
👨‍👩‍👦 Wants to come along to all of your appointments and be totally involved. Holds your hand if you're scared, even if he's scared.
👨‍👩‍👦 Secretly loves doing activities at prenatal classes like the ball and balloon. (He messes around and makes you laugh.)
👨‍👩‍👦 Whilst your pregnant, he does small things. If you're carrying something somewhere, he'll pinch it from you and do it himself. Surprises you with drinks and snacks. Makes sure you're comfortable wherever you are.
👨‍👩‍👦 Honestly just so loved up. He can't wait for his little family to be together. He might be a bit reckless when it comes to work, but having a child is honestly an experience he always dreamed of!
👨‍👩‍👦 He wants to know the sex just as a personal preference. As much as he wants a girl, he's just as delighted with a boy. If you don't want to know, he'll try and convince you, but is otherwise accepting of it.
👨‍👩‍👦 When you get contractions, he gets excited and tells you to walk it off. But when your waters break he gets the big PANIK.
👨‍👩‍👦 During labour, he tries to be calm but loses it a little himself. He doesn't know how this works! Even if you've been through it all before HE CANNOT.
👨‍👩‍👦 Is very handsy when trying to comfort you unless you tell him not to. Rubs your arms, holds your hand, plays with your hair, anything to try and keep you level.
"Ya comfortable?"
"Probably as much as I can be."
"I'm sorry, I can't do much more fer ya."
👨‍👩‍👦 Wipes your tears but cries when the baby/babies are born.
👨‍👩‍👦 Literally falls in love at first sight. Majima just stares at his kid. He wants to hold them forever, kiss them, cuddle them, protect them, love them.
"I can't stop starin', she's perfect in every way."
👨‍👩‍👦 It doesn't sink in for a few days that he's a dad now. Even if he has other children, it's the same experience for him all over. Basically goes daddy-mode from day 0.
👨‍👩‍👦 So good when it comes to afterwards. If you're tired, he'll do the night feed. If you've had stitches or you're recovering from the experience, he's forcing you to rest! He will literally carry you to bed if he must.
🚸 Very hands on. There's lots of playing and running around after his kids.
🚸 Lots of play fighting. Lots of giddiness. Lots of Goro being told off for being too giddy.
"Ohhh!" Majima wailed, collapsing to the ground theatrically. The gap toothed child giggled infectiously, excited to show off his four year old superstrength. "Hikaru-kun! You're so tough!"
"You shouldn't be teaching him things like that," you huffed, unable to stop a small smile.
"He's gotta be strong like his Daddy, Babe!"
🚸 Pulls funny faces, uses funny voices and makes silly noises. He's everything you'd want in a comedic father. Goro loves the bedtime story game, and often gets so carried away his kids end up more energised than before.
🚸 Gets broody pretty quickly after having one. Expect to have a handful of children or at least him begging you for a bigger family. HE WANTS MORE. THIS IS HIS LIFE NOW.
🚸 Isn't super strict but doesn't lack discipline. Majima will shout and scold if he needs to! He tries not to let it get to that, but once he's blown his top, that's it, he's difficult to calm down.
🚸Worries very deeply about his kids being mixed up in clan life, but tries not to act upon those worries. He just wants a normal life for his family. They deserve as much.
🚸 Doesn't like others making assumptions about his kids just because their dad is a yakuza/former yakuza. They're just normal children 😭💔
👨‍👧‍👦 When his kids are older, he feels a sense of pride he didn't know existed.
👨‍👧‍👦 If his kids choose to get involved in yakuza affairs when they're older, he'll forbid it and try to encourage them to do something else. But once they're of age, all he can do is hope they stay safe and continue to trust him.
👨‍👧‍👦 Still cuddles and kisses his older children, he ain't stopping that!
"Oi, bend down a bit and let yer Momma kiss ya! She's a li'l short ass."
👨‍👧‍👦 Worships you to everyone, but especially them. You should always be top of their love list in his eyes!