73 ; infatuation

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 2 : SCENE 1 : CHAPTER 73

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Although alone together, the most Y/N and Draco did before their arrival was share a short kiss that almost led to snogging, but was cut short by the American equivalent of the trolley witch. After that, they had instead resorted to looking at the pictures in the photo album (and Draco was amazed that he had never seen young pictures of his mother) and looking over the recipes in the recipe book, wondering which ones would be good for each occasion. It was as if they were already married.

The rest of the time was spent sleeping, and they only woke up five minutes prior to their arrival, with the overhead voice announcing that they should be putting on their robes (which, of course, would be for the students at the start of term). After that, the train was slowing to a stop at an above-ground platform, illuminated brightly in the dark night.

Far in front of them was Mount Greylock, a grand castle perched upon it modestly, with a cloud of heavy mist concealing it. Few lights were on inside, but Y/N had no time to marvel at it before a small black car stopped in front of her and Draco. A young, dark-skinned woman stepped out of the car, smiling warmly at Y/N and Draco as they approached, the house-elves at the station taking their trunks and loading them into the trunk.

"I'm Professor Alexia Kirk, the Potions Mistress and Deputy Headmistress here at Ilvermorny," she said smoothly, shaking each of their hands. "It's a pleasure."

"The pleasure's all ours," Y/N said with a small smile, and she and Draco climbed into the back seat.

On the ride to the castle, Y/N found out that train stations similar to the one in South Carolina littered the States', and they all arrived in numerical order, merging onto the same track one at a time. Y/N and Draco were on train ten. It wasn't long until Y/N and Draco, hand in hand, were following Professor Kirk through the tall black iron gates, into the courtyard and up to a set of grand doors.

Inside was, surprisingly, not much different from Hogwarts, except the layout. Christmas decorations so extravagant they could've been in Buckingham Palace were hung from every corner, and Professor Kirk led Y/N and Draco down a small corridor and to a room with, well, one bed.

Again.

"You can either spend tomorrow in here or explore the castle, Professor Fontaine doesn't really mind," she said, making room for the house-elves to bring in their trunks. "Ball's at six. Goodnight, and welcome to Ilvermorny."

Y/N sighed as the door swung shut, and sat at the large vanity in between a pair of windows. She frowned deeply, missing Hogwarts deeply. Draco, in the mirror, laid on the bed, stretching and groaning as he settled himself. Y/N stared. He was the only thing that connected her to her home, and she wouldn't admit it, but she was grateful that he had come along with her.