32 ; professor r. j. lupin ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 3 : CHAPTER 32

Hermione and Y/N woke up the next day, hours before anybody else. They dressed and went downstairs with their trunks, finding nobody but Tom the innkeeper in the pub. The two girls ordered breakfast and received their issues of the Daily Prophet. Crookshanks and Goldfish sat nearby, enjoying their own bowls of breakfast.

Most of the other Weasleys came down after Y/N and Hermione finished eating. Soon enough, the Leaky Cauldron was bustling with activity; Mr. Weasley was reading the front page of the Daily Prophet with a furrowed brow, Mrs. Weasley was telling Ginny, Hermione, and Y/N about a love potion she'd made as a young girl (and all four of them were rather giggly), and Fred and George were bringing everyone's trunks downstairs. Hedwig and Hermes were in their cages, Goldfish simply had a leash on, and Crookshanks was spitting in a small wickerwork basket.

"It's all right, Crookshanks," Hermione cooed through the wickerwork. "I'll let you out on the train."

"You won't," snapped Ron. "What about poor Scabbers, eh?"

He pointed at his chest, where a large lump indicated that Scabbers was curled up in his pocket.

The next thing Y/N knew, they were leaving the Leaky Cauldron, five to a car. Mr. Weasley, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Percy took the first car, and Mrs. Weasley, Fred, George, Ginny, and Y/N took the second.

The journey to King's Cross was filled with Fred and George making Goldfish run around the car, Mrs. Weasley yelling at them, and then them doing it again. By the time they reached King's Cross (with twenty minutes to spare), Mrs. Weasley was just about ready to hit them. However, they escaped the car in time to miss her purse.

"Right then," said Mr. Weasley once they all joined him. "Let's do this in pairs, as there are so many of us. I'll go through first with Harry."

They went through first and Percy and Ginny followed, then Fred and George, Mrs. Weasley and Ron, and finally, Hermione and Y/N. Harry and Ron led the way to the end of the train, past packed compartments, to a carriage that looked quite empty. They loaded the trunks onto it, stowed Hedwig and Crookshanks in the luggage rack, then went back outside to say good-bye to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

Mrs. Weasley kissed all her children, then Hermione and Y/N, and finally Harry. She opened her enormous handbag and said, "I've made you all sandwiches. . . . Here you are, Ron . . . no, they're not corned beef. . . . Fred? Where's Fred? Here you are, dear. . . ."

"Harry, Y/N," said Mr. Weasley quietly, "come over here a moment."

He jerked his head toward a pillar, and Harry and Y/N followed him behind it, leaving the others crowded around Mrs. Weasley.