8 ; the troll in the dungeons ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 1 : CHAPTER 8

Malfoy couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Y/N walk down from her dormitory the next day. Per usual, Theodore and Blaise flanked her sides once she reached the bottom step, but Theodore, who was closest to Y/N's cut, asked her about it. Malfoy heard her say it was nothing, but he knew better. After all, he did watch her sneak out the common rooms the previous night – of course, he wouldn't ask her about it; first of all, she wouldn't tell him, and second of all, it wasn't like he even cared about her, so why should he ask?

At breakfast, after Y/N had gone to Madam Pomfrey with Theodore and Blaise to get a large bandage, Harry filled Ron and Y/N in about his suspicions of the package that seemed to have been moved from Gringotts to Hogwarts. They spent a lot of time wondering what could possibly need such heavy protection.

"It's either really valuable or really dangerous," said Ron.

"Or both," said Y/N.

But as all they knew for sure about the mysterious object was that it was about two inches long, they didn't have much chance of guessing what it was without further clues.

Neither Neville nor Hermione showed the slightest interest in what lay underneath the dog and the trapdoor. All Neville cared about was never going near the dog again, and Hermione was giving the three of them the silent treatment.

Y/N rejoined the Slytherins and started eating breakfast. She hadn't eaten since dinner, and last night's adventure really did boost her appetite.

As the owls flooded into the Great Hall as usual, everyone's attention was caught at once by two long, thin packages carried by six large screech owls each. Y/N was just as interested as everyone else to see what was in these large parcels, and was amazed when the one flock of the owls swooped down and dropped one of the parcels right in front of her, knocking her cereal to the floor – the other had gone to Harry, and Y/N knew exactly what these were. They had hardly fluttered out of the way when another own dropped a letter on top of the parcel. Y/N ripped open the letter first, and read it with Theo and Blaise reading it over her shoulder:

DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE.
It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Marcus Flint will meet you tonight on the Quidditch field at six o'clock for your first training session.
Professor S. Snape

Y/N had difficulty hiding her glee as she looked to a grinning Harry. He looked just as excited - maybe even more, if she were being honest.

"C'mon," she said, gesturing to Theodore, Blaise, and Daphne. She had become accustomed to them accompanying her everywhere, so it only felt right to have them tag along.