13 ; detention ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 1 : CHAPTER 13

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

"P-Professor Dumbledore," Y/N stuttered when she saw the headmaster. "What are you doing up here?"

"A noble thing," he said, ignoring her, "you, your sister, Mr. Weasley, and Mr. Potter did. Not many first-years would be willing to stay up all night to help a dragon live its true and carefree life, especially a Slytherin such as yourself. Twenty points to Slytherin, to make up for Mister Malfoy, yes? Now, it's bedtime for you, I believe. Allow the adventures to rest for tonight, for in the coming years, you'll have many more to keep you awake."

With a wave of his hand, Y/N was gone, once in the Astronomy Tower but then in the Slytherin common rooms. Malfoy then entered.

"Stupid McGonagall, stupid Potter," he mumbled, petting Goldfish as he came up to him. "Can you believe this school? I'm being punished because of Potter."

"Well, you shouldn't have tried to get us in trouble," said Y/N, her arms crossed. Malfoy looked up.

"What do you want?" he groaned.

"I want to know why you followed us," said Y/N. "You told Professor McGonagall and guess what? You lost Slytherin twenty points."

"You were there, weren't you?" he said accusingly. "You were there, hiding, and I bet you had that dragon with you, didn't you?"

"Yes, I was, and yes, I did," Y/N said, glaring. "But it's done now. Norbert's already on his way to Romania and you can't do anything about it. Drop it, Malfoy."

"Don't tell me to drop it!" he raised his voice. "I have detention now because of you –"

"It's not my fault!" said Y/N, her voice now raising to match his. Goldfish whimpered and scurried off. "You were the one who decided to be a pest and follow and tattle on us! Not me!"

She marched off to her dorm but Malfoy was still angry.

"I'm not done with you!" he yelled.

"I don't care!" Y/N called back, and stormed off to her dorm.

Y/N and Malfoy glared at each other all through breakfast the next day. The dejected groans and murmurs from the Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, and Hufflepuffs and the whistles and cheers from Slytherins were drowned out by Y/N as she and Malfoy kept eye contact, both too stubborn to back down from the silent fight.

"There's a fine line between love and hate," Daphne teased Y/N as she ate cereal. Y/N grumbled.

"I'll be careful not to step foot on the other side, then," said Y/N, seeing Hermione run out of the Hall in her peripheral vision.