35 ; hogsmeade on halloween ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 3 : CHAPTER 35

In no time at all, Defense Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favorite class. Only Draco Malfoy and his gang had anything bad to say about Professor Lupin.

"Look at the state of his robes," Malfoy would say in a loud whisper as Professor Lupin passed. "He dresses like our old house-elf."

But no one else cared that Professor Lupin's robes were patched and frayed. His next few lessons were just as interesting as the first. After boggarts, they studied Red Caps, nasty little goblinlike creatures that lurked wherever there had been bloodshed: in the dungeons of castles and the potholes of deserted battlefields, waiting to bludgeon those who had gotten lost. From Red Caps they moved on to kappas, creepy water-dwellers that looked like scaly monkeys, with webbed hands itching to strangle unwitting waders in their ponds.

However, Potions was now becoming rather irritating. Draco Malfoy was now becoming unbearably annoying; Professor Snape was bullying Neville more so than usual (due to the story of Snape-boggart dressed in old-lady clothes); and it was harder for Y/N to focus solely on her work without having the urge to pour boiling water all over Draco fucking Malfoy.

On the other hand, Y/N's elective classes were becoming more interesting (with the exception of Divination and Care of Magical Creatures). Arithmancy was becoming harder every week (and although Malfoy sat next to her there, too, it was rather enjoyable), both Muggle Studies and the Study of Ancient Runes were a breeze, Divination kinda sucked but it was sort of interesting, but Care of Magical Creatures was just a bore.

Nobody really liked the class after it had become exasperatingly dull. Hagrid seemed to have lost his confidence. They were now spending lesson after lesson learning how to look after flobberworms, which had to be some of the most boring creatures in existence.

"Why would anyone bother looking after them?" said Ron, after yet another hour of poking shredded lettuce down the flobberworms' slimy throats.

"Isn't that the truth," Daphne sighed, watching Theodore and Blaise smack each other with stringy, slimy flobberworms, getting mucus all over each other. At least they were having fun.

With the Quidditch season coming up, Y/N's schedule was packed even tighter. Balancing her homework and training new players wasn't easy, but somehow she managed. Of course, it was taking a visible toll on her, and (rather surprisingly), Draco Malfoy was the first to notice.

"Let me train the new players up to standard," he said after one excruciatingly tiring practice. They were in the common room and Y/N was working on her Arithmancy homework, dirty, sweaty, and still in her Quidditch robes. She looked up from the desk.

"What?"

Malfoy rolled his eyes.

"I said –"