83 ; quickie

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 2 : SCENE 2 : CHAPTER 83

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Sneaking into the Dursley's house and setting fire to everything was all Y/N had ever dreamed of, but Moody was set on only getting Harry and his belongings out safely and to Grimmauld place. So she settled on sneering at the decorations and flipping them off, eliciting a laugh from Nymphadora Tonks, another member of the Order of the Phoenix.

Through her giggles she bumped into a stool, sending a vase crashing to the ground.

"Tonks!" Moody growled, turning on his heel to glare at the bubbly girl, who was snickering at her clumsiness. "Mature yourself! We're here to get Harry, not to make fools of ourselves and mess around!"

"Sorry — Moody," she hiccuped out, waving her wand to fix up the vase and stool and bumping into Y/N playfully. She grinned back, almost snorting out loud as Tonks morphed her face into Moody's and mimicking him.

They followed the other seven, more mature, members of the Order to the stair landing, looking around, until —

"Lower your wand, boy, before you take someone's eye out."

Y/N looked up at the staircase, squinting in the darkness to find Harry's lanky figure pointing his wand at them.

"Professor Moody?" he said uncertainly.

Moody scoffed and said, "I don't know so much about 'Professor', never got round to much teaching, did I? Get down here, we want to see you properly."

Harry didn't move a muscle as he stared down at their group, rightfully suspicious. Hell, it even took Y/N some time to get used to having the real Moody around. Remus Lupin, who stood next to Y/N, spoke up softly,

"It's all right, Harry. We've come to take you away."

A silent pause passed before Harry spoke once more, disbelief evident in his voice as he croaked out,

"P-Professor Lupin? Is that you?"

"Why are we all standing in the dark?" scoffed Tonks, pulling out her wand beside Y/N. "Lumos."

The hall illuminated with magical light. Y/N blinked. Harry stared down at them, gazing at each of their faces.

"Oooh, he looks just like I thought he would," said Tonks excitedly, pushing her violently purple hair out of her face. "Wotcher, Harry!"

"Yeah, I see what you mean, Remus," said Kingsley Shacklebolt from behind Y/N. "He looks exactly like James."

"Except the eyes," said Elphias Doge, a silver-haired wizard. "Lily's eyes."

Moody was squinting suspiciously at Harry through his mismatched eyes.

"Are you quite sure it's him, Lupin?" he growled. "It'd be a nice lookout if we bring back some Death Eater impersonating him. We ought to ask him something only the real Potter would know. Unless anyone brought any Veritaserum?"