6 ; potions class ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 1 : CHAPTER 6

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Theodore and Blaise insisted on flanking Y/N all the way to breakfast, as well as during breakfast. They peered at her time-table and compared schedules – to her dismay, she had all the same classes with the both of them. Fred and George passed her to the Gryffindor table, grinning mischievously once they saw her unfortunate situation. Hermione, a footstep after them, smiled at Y/N in her Gryffindor tie with her textbooks clutched closely to her chest, and went to sit with the girl named Lavender Brown at the Gryffindor table.

Y/N looked at her own, Slytherin, attire and hummed. She wouldn't have it any other way, if she was being honest, only because she'd rather be accepted into the House she belonged to, rather than stick out like a sore thumb in one she didn't fit into. Sure, she loved spending time with her sister and practically did everything with her, but maybe it was for the better. Even so, they still had a lot of breaks between classes and it wasn't like they were going to separate schools. They could definitely spend a lot of time together!

The start-of-classes bell rang and Y/N stood, Theodore and Blaise in sync with her. They demanded to hold her books and bag for her, and would glare at any boy who got near her. All week long they would do the same thing. They hardly ever left her alone, and when she asked about it, they wouldn't comment. Harry, Ron, the Weasley Twins, and Peeves the Poltergeist all took the liberty to call her 'Princess', seeing as, and directly quoted from Harry, 'she practically had bodyguards.' Fred and George had even offered to take over for Theodore and Blaise on free periods, and would take the time to try and recruit 'Princess Y/N' for their schemes. Malfoy had teased her about it too, but she had the suffocating suspicion he was behind it all – and it had all started with him having that conversation with Blaise the day they arrived at Hogwarts.

If that wasn't annoying enough, Y/N, like the rest of the student body, had to suffer with Argus Filch as the caretaker. Ever since he saw Y/N laughing with the Weasley Twins one evening, he'd had an impression that she was a troublemaker too. A Weasley-Twin level troublemaker. He'd have his beloved cat, Mrs. Norris, trail after her every single period, watching her through the corridors and courtyard. It annoyed Y/N to the point that she had Goldfish chase Mrs. Norris around the school for one whole day, earning popularity with the school. After all, almost every student had the deep ambition to give the cat (and the caretaker) a good kick. Lucky for Y/N, nobody figured out Goldfish was her puppy, and so she had no warnings or detentions of the sort.

Despite the minor annoyances, Y/N enjoyed Hogwarts very much, particularly (and obviously) the classes. They had to study the night skies through their telescopes every Tuesday at midnight and learn the names of different stars and the movements of the planets. Three times a week they went out to the greenhouses behind the castle to study Herbology with a dumpy little witch called Professor Sprout, where they learned how to take care of all the strange plants and fungi, and found out what they were used for. Sure, Y/N enjoyed Herbology very much and was excellent at it, but it wasn't her favorite.