Rex Dies Part 3

We finally got to the hospital and managed to get a doctor to talk to us, much to his dismay as to why we were there.

"But he's a puppet."

We all rolled our eyes at the stereotypical response to the puppet.

"Yeah, Yeah."

"We know he's a puppet."

I stepped in front of the doctor and told him our plan.

"We just want you to hook up the Annabelle doll to one of your beepy machines and then have him flatline so an idiot can move on with his life and we can move on with ours."

"You want me to pretend that this puppet dies?"

Tori was about to answer when Cat interrupted.

"Is there any good reason that a grown man would soak his feet in chicken fat!"

"Chicken fat?"

Jade guided Cat to go bother the receptionist, while we took care of our muppet problem. After she tottered away, we continued the conversation.

"So will you do it?"

"Look, I'm a doctor. This is a hospital, I can't justify pretending that a puppet ..."

"Come on."

"Please?"

"Just do it!"

The Doctor sighs and turns to look at me.

"Will you do something for me?"

"Not likely. But the princess holding the puppet probably will."

He quickly moves his glance over to Tori and she tentatively asks what he wants.

"I have a 16 year old son, his name is Lendall and he's well... he's a loser."

I rolled my eyes at this Doctor's comment of his own son. I bet he wouldn't be a loser if you didn't say that about him.

"Would you go out on a date with him?"

Princess cheekbones asked how much of a loser he was and the father of the year whipped out a photo.

"Oh my God!"

As much as Tori tried to protest, I intervened.

"Tori would love to, besides there isn't anyone else asking her on dates anyway. In fact she would be honored, tell Lendall that this exact girl will be waiting for him. In fact Doctor, you should take a picture of her to show your son to let him know who to expect!"

Tori looked at me with hatred burning in her eyes, while the Doctor took a picture of her for his son. He pointed over to a hospital bed.

"Bring the puppet."

As we were following the doctor, I couldn't help but I feel like I was forgetting something. Something abojt a Cat... I then remembered I need to feed my cat when I get home!