Beck's Big Break Part 2

I was trying to enjoy my tea, when this boy that calls himself Daniel sat down at my table. I can't deny that he was a cutie, but he better have a good reason to be bothering me while I'm trying to read. He had a shy smile on his face, but quickly realized I was unamused with his uninvited appearance.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I saw you sitting all by yourself. I figured you could use some company."

"Since when does someone quietly reading a book mean they want company?"

The poor boy had a dumb founded look on his face as he wasn't getting the reaction he was hoping for. Still he was really cute, I guess I can throw him a bone.

"Alright, lets cut to the chase. What do you want Daniel?"

He flashed me a shy smile and started to turn a little red in the face.

"I want to take you on a date."

"But you don't know me."

"I want to know you."

"Why? What about me makes you want to know me?"

"Well I think you're beautiful..."

I rolled my eyes at that answer, which he took notice of.

"I also like your taste in music. Sex Pistols huh?"

I brought with me my Sex Pistols book bag. It's one of my most favorite bands and not many people in California do. I know Andre and almost all of the guys that flirt with me at school don't.

"You seem really smart. I don't see many girls reading classic novels that often."

He's got a point. People who read books are an endangered species.

"You're also more then I could have hoped for."

That actually got my attention.

"What?"

"Let me show you what I mean. One date, that's all I ask."

"Well I got to admit, you're cute and interesting. Here's my number."

I grabbed a pen and wrote it on his hand and he finally got to see my hand tattoos as my jacket covered everything up.

"Wow."

"Wow what?"

"You're even more perfect then I thought."

That got me to blush. I grabbed my bag and started making my way out of the cafe. I quickly yelled before I made it out the door.

"The name's Blake by the way."

......
The next day in Sikowitz's class, Tori was on the stage performing while i sat in the back next to Jade. Beck had texted me saying he was running late to class. He had just started filming for "Miss Fire" today and they were having some problems on set. Sikowitz decided that it was time for him to regain control of the class after Tori's horrible potrayl of a robot and took his place on the stage.

"Tori you may sit, I suggest using a chair."

"I'll give it a shot."

While Tori was trying out one of the chairs, Beck finally came into class.

"Sorry guys."

Cat was the first to ask about Beck's time on "Miss Fire" movie set, but was interrupted by Sikowitz.

"Beck, you're late."

"I'm sorry. We were doing this scene and there was a problem with the lighting."

"Say it like a robot."

While Beck was responding to Sikowitz's odd request, my phone vibrated letting me know I got a text. But I know better then to pull out my phone in front of Sikowitz. It didn't take long for Sikowitz to let Beck take the stage to tell us how his day went on the movie set.

"My call time was this morning at 5 A.M."

Cat squealed at that comment.

"Oh, that's early!"

Oh sweet, innocent Cat. It's a good thing you're pretty.

"Yeah, well they did my hair and makeup and then the costume designer came into my dressing room and..."

This time it was Jade who interrupted when her jealous side came into play.

"Wait, the costume designer was in your dressing room?"

"Uh huh."

"Was she cute?"

"HE was adorable."

I wrapped my arm around Jade's shoulders when she was pleased with Beck's answer. Beck went on to explain that the director is in need of extras and that we were welcomed to participate. While everyone went to surround Beck in excitement, I finally looked at the text I got. It was from an unknown number.

"Hey beautiful."

I already knew it was from Daniel, but I still couldn't stop the smile breaking across my face.