Rex Dies Part 2

I was sitting down watching Sikowitz, Jade, and Cat try to hold Robbie back, while Beck and Tori yanked Rex's mangled body out of the wind machine. I really didn't care about the damn puppet, the bargin bin muppet was always hitting on me and it wasn't healthy for Robbie to have that...thing. Tori finally unclogged Rex's body out of the wind machine much to Robbie's horror. He ran over and grabbed Rex.

"No no no noooo! What did you do!?"

Tori tried to stammer out an answer. I rolled my eyes and got up to leave, but Beck put me back in me seat much to my annoyance.

"Rex! Can you hear me?"

"Oh, oh, is that you Rob?"

"Robbie's here. It's me, it's okay."

"I'm..I'm busted up pretty bad."

"I've gotta get him to a hospital!"

I snorted at that. Sikowitz tried to reason with him, but there is no reasoning with a guy and his puppet. After Sikowitz reminded Robbie of his duty of being the star of the play, Rex began to moan more.

"I feel cold."

"Somebody's got to take Rex to the hospital!"

Tori offered to take him, while Beck offered to drive and Cat to tag along because she obviously felt as though she had something to contribute. Jade was the only voice of reason.

"Okay, does anyone else think this is bizarre? C'mon it can't just be me."

"Don't worry, I never cared enough to begin with."

Tori and Cat looked at me in horror at my lack of empathy.

I rolled my eyes and went outside to the nearest vending machine to get a can of Wahoo Punch. I was standing by the locker bay enjoying the peace and quiet and my Wahoo Punch, when Tori, Cat, Beck, Jade and the puppet carcass came by.

"Hey! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait up."

Tori and Cat stopped in response to Jade, while Jade quickly yanked me with her as she passed me.

"Where are you all going?"

Cat said they were going to the hospital, much to Beck and Tori's disagreement.

"Cat!"

"We're not really going to a hospital. It's a puppet."

"Not to Robbie."

Time for Cat's daily dose of reality.

"Cat. We can't keep enabling this disturbing behavior of his. If he keeps this puppet, he will never be able to create normal relationships with humans and probably become a serial killer."

But Jade had a different idea.

"You know what? Maybe we should take Rex to the hospital."

It was easy to see where Jade was going with this, but not for Tori as usual. She has a lot going for her on the outside, but not much on the inside.

"Why?"

"So he can die there."

Cat and Tori were appalled at Jade's idea, but her reasoning was valid.

"It's not good for a 16 year-old guy to go through life with his hand shoved up a...that."

"It's a sign to stop enabling him, you guys."

Tori tried to object, but I quickly shut her down with reasoning.

"Tori, if he was on meth you wouldn't hesitate to take that away from him if it meant helping him. Rex isn't that much different and Robbie needs help."

Beck agreed.

"She's got a point."

But Cat decided to ruin the moment with a story of how her Uncle Jesse soaks his feet in chicken fat.

"We're getting you help next Cat."