The Birthweek Song Part 2

After Danny dropped me off at school, Jade texted me saying to meet her at her locker....and to bring her coffee. After I got our usuals I went to find her at her scissor covered locker.

"Hey Jade."

"Did you get coffee?"

I handed Jade her cup and she took a long drink before saying anything.

"Happy Birthday Blake."

I leaned against a locker while she began digging through hers. Beck sent me a happy birthday text and asked where we were since he knew Jade wanted to see me first. She hands me a giant gift bag and it was heavy as hell. I looked at her for permission and she gave me one of her rare smiles.

"Go ahead Blake."

I removed the tissue paper and lifted a giant picture frame out of the bag.

"Oh my fucking God, Jade!"

"Do you like it?"

"I love it! How did you get this?"

The frame held a limited edition gold record of my favorite album by The Doors and in the corner held a piece of paper with all of the members autographs. Even the sexy Jim Morrison's signature was there.

"I have my ways."

I quickly hugged her as she doesn't care for human contact unless it's me or Beck. Speaking of the pretty boy, he walked up to us with something hidden behind his back.

"Happy Birthday Tiny Dancer. These are for you."

He pulled out from behind his back a beautiful bouquet of my favorite flowers, black dahlias.

"They're beautiful Beck, thank you."

Beck wrapped his arm around Jade and we began our walk to our classes. As we were walking, Beck asked me the dreaded question.

"So what did your mom get you this time?"

"She got me a certificate for one year of singing lessons."

"Wow better then her gift last year, a free appointment for botox injections."
.....
At lunch Jade and I were sitting at Tori's table for some ungodly reason. At least she stopped crying about us helping her finding her sister a birthday or "birthweek" present as she calls it. She was typing away on her laptop while I was trying to enjoy my lunch in peace. It's very hard to do that when Sinjin is sitting next to you staring.

"Suggestions for birthweek presents for Trina."

She went around asking everyone for suggestions until she got to Jade.

"Jade!"

"Yeah?"

"What should I get Trina?"

"Talent."

I cracked up at her response due to how true it is. Sinjin seemed to enjoy her answer as well.

"Oh, Jade is so pretty."

Jade started the usual countdown for Sinjin to leave before something bad happens to him.

"Three, two, one."

That got the skinny jean clad boy to take off from the table.

I tried going back to enjoying my lunch, but Tori's incessant whining continued.

"Does anyone have a good idea about a present for Trina?"

I snapped and raised my voice at her, she just never stops.

"Do you ever stop complaining!?"

Jade and I quickly got up when we realized we weren't going to be able to enjoy our lunchs in peace. I went on ahead while Jade said some departing words.

"You people give me a rash."
.......
Later that night, my Dad and I were enjoying my birthday dinner which consisted of his homemade cheese enchiladas and Dulce de Leche cake. We were talking about anything and everything when my phone started ringing. It was Tori.

"What do you want Vega?"

"Andre and I are writing a song to perform for Trina as her present."

"So?"

"Soooo I need you to come help us perform it as one of the dancers and come rehearse it tonight."

"No."

"But if this doesn't go right, Trina will hate me for the next six months. Why can't you?"

"Cause I'm enjoying my birthday dinner right now you ignorant twat. Good bye."

I quickly hung up the phone and went back to eatting while I quietly mumbled.

"Dumb bitch."

Unfortunately my Dad heard it.

"Language Blake!"