Stage Fighting Part 1

"Morning Dad."

"Morning Mi Fauno. I made some waffles, you want some?"

"Yes please."

I sat down at the kitchen island where my dad was making up a plate of his infamous dulce de leche waffles. He sat the plate in front of me and poured us both a cup of coffee, his black and mine with my favorite Cold Stone ice cream coffee creamer. We sat in comfortable silence as I continued to eat and he read the newspaper. My Dad is pretty famous in California and New York for being one of the best lawyers around, he is also my best friend and I hate it when he has to leave for days at a time for his job.

"Mi Fauno, can you give this check to Beck for driving you to school for me?"

I took the check and got ready for school.
.......

When I got to school I went straight to Beck's locker with Jade adorning it

"Hey. This is from my Dad as thanks for driving me around."

My Dad loves Beck and Jade. He loves Jades blunt attitude and always saying what's on her mind and he loves Beck's sincere personality. Beck smiles while putting away his hard earned money into his bag.

"Anything for you, tiny dancer."

"So I hear that you guys are going to be stage fighting for Mr. Wilks class."

"Yeah, remember that stage fighting class I took over the summer? The same guy is teaching our class."

Jade finally pitched into the conversation.

"So Blake, you ready for your play audition?"

Today our school was holding auditions for this big play that takes place on a submarine during WWII. I was audtioning for the lead role. While I don't care for acting that much, school requirements demand that students act in at least 3 plays a year.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

Beck excused himself so that he could catch up with his stage fighting teacher, while Jade and I go get some coffee before my audition and her class.
.........
There was a large group of students including me waiting for their name to be called for the auditions. I was sitting against the vending machines when the guy called my name and...Robbie's. The two of us stare at each other, him with a dumb smile and me just staring at the massive zit growing on his nose that I don't think he knows about.

"If you guys are ready, follow me."

The audition guy started walking towards the classroom. We started to follow him when Robbie spoke up.

"Uh Blake, I just wanted to say good luck and...and that you get the part and..."

While he kept rambling I quicky looked lower and shook my head at what I saw.

"Robbie."

"Yes?"

"It's noon and you have morning wood going on."

His face turned completely red when he looked down and saw what I was talking about, while Rex just laughed. I quickly entered the classroom and got ready for the audition.
.......
Robbie and I were on stage waiting on our acting prompt from Mr. Michaels.

"All right. It's World War II, 1944. You're in a submarine. 1,700 feet down in the Atlantic ocean and probably going to die. Action!"

Robbie and I got into position and he started us off.

"Oh, my God, Lieutenant. Status report."

"We've been hit on the port side Captain. Our engines are failing."

"Torpedoes?"

"None left."

"Oy."

"How deep are we?"

"1,700 feet."

"We'll have to go deeper."

"But we'll implode!"

"Listen. I'd rather die down here, then live up there captured by the enemy."

"I don't know if you're brave or insane."

I started to let tears roll down my face and began to cry.

"Hey, stop it. You're a soldier!

"I am also a woman who loves you."

I grabbed a hold of Robbie's pimply face and kissed him deeply. I finally let him go to find him with a dopey look on his face. He yelled in my face.

"That was fantastic!"

I quickly turned to look at our teacher to see his reaction.

"Uhhh Robbie, that's not your line."

Mr. Michael's quickly intervened telling us that he saw all that he needed and that I got the part, while Robbie stood in a daze. I thanked Mr. Michaels and quickly left to find some mouthwash.

*Shown above is Blake's Dad and Rafael Barba from Law and Order SVU is my favorite ADA they ever had. I had to make him her Dad.