Chapter 24

Everybody sing, everybody dance
Lose yourself in wild romance

Everybody sing, everybody danceLose yourself in wild romance

I'm at Davis' bachelor party right now. It's...interesting.

Like, it means a lot that he likes me enough to want me to tag along with him and his friends tonight. But this is definitely not my scene. And by the looks of it, it doesn't seem much of Davis' scene either.

I thought that the best man was supposed to plan the party for the groom. But it seems like the best man waited until the last minute to plan this whole thing and just went with the stereotypical bachelor party. Which is why I'm at a strip club right now, very uncomfortable.

Most of the groomsmen look like they're having the time of their lives. I don't understand the appeal of going to a strip club. I've just never been interested in this type of thing. Mostly because it's crowded and I don't like crowds or people bumping into me. But I also don't like it because there are always those guys who go to the strip club, feeling entitled, and treat the women like objects.

I totally respect the women in the industry. All the power to them. I just don't respect the men who treat them poorly or look down on them for doing their job.

Davis seems like he is just going along with everything. I think he is more excited for when we move on from the strip club and go to the bar that we are supposedly heading to after we leave here.

I know that I'm excited to leave this place.

Some of the girls tried to dance on me and I hated it. It made me so uncomfortable for two reasons. One reason being that they invaded my personal space bubble. The other reason being that they weren't Grayson.

Grayson is the only person that I would be okay with being in my personal space bubble.

I needed a break from everything before I got too overwhelmed. So about twenty minutes ago I retreated to an empty table that I spotted in the back corner of the club.

After about ten minutes of sitting here, I got a text from Grayson.

It feels weird not being around Grayson after we have been spending nearly every moment the past week together. I feel crazy for missing her like I am right now. But feeling and acting crazy has seemingly become my new normal when it comes to her.

I was really glad that she texted me. I wanted to text her so bad but I didn't want to come off as clingy or something. So I talked myself out of it.

But she texted me and told me that she missed me too. My heart skipped a beat or two when I read that.

Texting her is so much easier than talking to her is. She can't see how much I'm freaking out behind the phone screen.

And I'm definitely freaking out right now. She's being flirty. This is giving my foolish self some hope. Maybe she is developing feelings for me?