Chapter 39

In this world we're just beginnin'
To understand the miracle of livin'
Baby, I was afraid before
But I'm not afraid anymore

"How you holdin up, babe?" I ask, trying my best to hold back my laughter before turning to look at Harry who is walking slowly behind me

"Doin just great, babe!" He answers in a strained tone of voice.

I can't help but snort out a laugh when I hear him. And when I turn to look behind me, I absolutely lose it.

All the ladies decided to go shopping this morning. And that includes my mother, my aunts, my sister, and me.

Harry offered to come with. He also graciously offered to carry everyone's shopping bags.

Poor guy really underestimated how much my aunts love to shop, though.

So when I turn around and see Harry juggling arms full of shopping bags of various sizes, his face half hidden because of a few shoe boxes he is holding as well, I feel bad. But I only feel bad for half a second, because how funny he looks trying to balance everything, has me laughing uncontrollably.

"Harry, babe," I say through my laughter as I walk towards him. "Let me help." I add.

"No no no, I got it covered." He retorts, but he doesn't sound very confident in his statement. "I think malls should start having trollies, though. The grocery has trollies, the mall should too."

"You didn't have to offer to carry everyone's bags. I tried warning you that they tend to be shopaholics." I counter.

Harry lets out a huff and lifts up his chin to rest it on top of the stack of shoe boxes he's holding so that I can see his full face again. "I know. I just wanted to do something nice, though."

I send him a soft smile before reaching out and taking the shoe boxes from him. "Let's go drop these off at the car and then we can meet back up with them."

Harry ends up agreeing with me, the two of us letting everyone know that we are going to the car and will meet back up with them shortly, before leaving the group.

After the short trek to the car, we enter back into the indoor mall and I text Audrey to ask what shop they are all at now. But on our journey to the shop that Audrey told me to go to, I see a very intriguing shop in the near distance that I feel the strong need to go inside.

Before knowing Harry like I do now, I wouldn't have even taken a second look at this shop. But seeing a big 'Science Rules!' poster hanging in the window display of the storefront has me instantly dragging Harry by the hand towards the shop.

When we walk inside, I suddenly feel like I have entered into what a large portion of what Harry's mind probably looks like. On the left, the whole wall is filled with graphic t-shirts on display and racks below that have folded up versions of the shirts you can pick up your size from. One glance at the shirts and I know that they are all science puns and jokes that I'm sure that Harry will understand.