Chapter 5

When the working day is done
Oh girls, they wanna have fun

When the working day is doneOh girls, they wanna have fun

"Very important question for you, Gray." Alayna states, holding what I assume to be two items behind her back.

"Very important answer for you, Lay." I mock her tone and put my two hands behind my back.

She looks at me with furrowed brows for a moment to ensure that I am taking this matter seriously before she pulls the items out from behind her back and shows them to me. "Which pair do I get?" She asks me while I look at the two seemingly identical pair of black sweatpants in her hands.

I snort out a laugh but try to remain serious. Alayna is very serious about her sweatpants. Food, sweatpants, and her dog; three of the most important this to this girl.

"Definitely the left pair." I state confidently. But in reality, I see absolutely no difference in the two pairs of pants what so ever.

A big smile covers her face in reaction to my decision. "Great, because that's what I was thinking."

She turns to put the other pair of sweatpants back on the rack next to her before turning back to me so we can continue to browse around the store.

"So, what else should we be looking for?" Alayna asks when we leave the casual clothes section of the department store.

I look down in my arms at the bathing suit and few other items I already picked out for myself and hum in thought for a moment as I run through my mental checklist of everything I need for this trip. "Oh!" I exclaim when I realize I forgot something important. "I need a dress for the business thing in San Francisco."

"Ooo," Alayna wiggles her brows and becomes intrigued. "What's the theme of the fancy outing for miss CEO this time?"

"I think they said Moulin Rouge? I don't know, I just remember the fact that I need to get a red dress."

I've been to so many of these events, they all have started to mesh together at this point. Even though these fancy dinners tend to feel stuffy and fake at times and I don't always like going, it's important that I attend so that I can interact with possible investors for my company.

"Red dress, hot." Alayna quips with a grin and walks with me over to the dress section of Macy's. "Eddie really is going to be kicking himself when he sees a picture of you looking sexy as hell in a red dress."

"He's an ass." I roll my eyes. "I can't believe he bailed on me like this. I'm actually kind of pissed off about it. And also very annoyed at his childish antics."

"You think that guy from your work will actually agree to coming with you?" She asks with a corked brow.

"I really don't know." I shrug, feeling somewhat defeated about the whole idea of if I will have someone coming with me on this two and a half week trip or not.