Chapter 32

*****Trigger Warning: Harry will discuss his past in this chapter. He was in an abusive relationship. If you need to skip this chapter for personal reasons, that is okay. Just know that I love you and that your feelings are valid.*****

Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

Because of youI learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurtBecause of youI find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around meBecause of youI am afraid

I just finished my tea and am now heading back upstairs to my room. I feel nervous, but I know what I have to do. I have to talk to Grayson.

In life we tend to ignore truths for temporary happiness. And that's what I've been doing. I've been letting myself live in this little bubble with Grayson and ignoring the truths.

The truths being that I have baggage that she needs to know about. I can't move forward with her, if she even wants to, if the baggage that comes with me is too much for her to handle.

Another truth is that I like her a lot. This isn't just some fling to me. And she should know that.

Climbing up the steps to the third floor, I feel nervous. But at least I should have time to think through what I want to say before Grayson wakes up.

When I round the bend and enter our bedroom, I see that Grayson is sitting up on the bed, wide awake.

So much for getting to plan what I want to say, I guess.

I close the door behind me, the sound catching Grayson's attention. "Harry, there you are." She exclaims with a soft smile as she moves off of the bed and stands up.

I don't know what comes over me. Maybe it's the fact that after we talk, she might decide that I'm not worth it. But before I realize what I'm doing, I walk over to Grayson and cup her cheeks with both of my hands before leaning down and crashing my lips into hers.

It may be selfish of me, but if she decides that she doesn't want to keep me around, at least I get to have one last kiss with her.

So I kiss her like it's the last time.

And with my lips against hers and feeling her melt under my touch, those nerves I had walking into this room are momentarily gone.

But just as quick as those nerves vanish, they reappear when I slowly and begrudgingly pull away. Our lips make a soft smacking noise as they part and my eyes stay closed while my hands stay firmly holding her cheeks. I don't create too much space between us, though. When she lets out a deep breath and I feel the warm air fan across my lips, it seems to be the only thing keeping me sane. But it also seems to be the thing that has me questioning my sanity.