Chapter 41

For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on, and on, and on

For a smile they can share the nightIt goes on and on, and on, and on

So...Harry and I are at a bar.

Somehow we agreed to going on a double date with Audrey and Davis.

I can't say that the idea of going out tonight instead of staying at the house didn't excite me, though.

Last time Harry and I went out together was really fun. The two of us got super drunk and ended the night by falling asleep by the pool.

I wonder what adventures tonight has in store for us.

So far we have only been at this bar for about an hour. It's not super late in the evening and it's a little hole in the wall type of place just outside of The Hamptons that we had a car drop us off at, which will return later to pick us up as a designated driver situation. Those factors are probably what is attributing to the fact that the bar isn't super crowded right now.

We have spent this past hour sitting at one of the tall bar tables against the wall and sipping on drinks that the bartender happily refills when he notices that they are one sip away from empty.

His due diligence towards his work is appreciated and probably because of the lack of customers. He also is probably hoping for a good tip which we will be sure to give him. I worked as a bartender in college and I practically lived off of the tips that I made. So I always empathize with fellow servers, past or present, and make sure to tip them well.

I wouldn't say that I'm as drunk as I was the night Harry and I ended up at that house party with Bella. But I'm at that perfect level of drunk where your lips feel numb, your cheeks feel warm and flushed, you overall just feel the desire to smile at random times, and you're not thinking about anything else other than the moment you're in.

I don't know what level of drunk Harry is at, but I would guess that he is at the same level as me. My assumption comes from the fact that he has gradually become more touchy and every time I look over to him I'm met with him looking at me with an adoring smile.

The way he looks at me has my heart skipping a beat and my stomach doing flips every single time.

I hope that feeling never goes away.

The conversation between the four of us the past hour has been very casual, which I don't mind. Simple things are my favorite things. And just talking about random nothings, like cool places we have discovered in the city, feels fulfilling. It is also a nice break from all the complexity that comes with life at our age.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when I feel Harry lean in close to me to whisper something in my ear. "I'll be right back." His warm breath fans across my ear and sends a chill down my spine.