Chapter 45

This is part 2 of a 5 part update

*****

You're just too good to be true
'Can't take my eyes off of you

"We are gathered here today to join Audrey Saxton and Davis Hemingway in marriage!" The officiant cheers, gaining some of my attention

"We are gathered here today to join Audrey Saxton and Davis Hemingway in marriage!" The officiant cheers, gaining some of my attention. But most of my attention is captured by Harry right now.

I know that my focus should be completely on Audrey and Davis, they're getting married right now. That's very important.

But Harry is sitting across from me in the row of chairs behind where my family is sitting and I can't take my eyes off of him. And he seems to not be able to take his eyes off of me either, though.

The way he is looking at me should be illegal. I don't know how it's possible, but just his simple gaze has me feeling a tad breathless and my skin feeling hot.

"Davis, would you like to say your vows?" The officiant quips, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I keep my eyes locked with Harry's while I listen to Davis start to speak. "Audrey, I love you. It's a simple phrase. But the meaning behind it isn't simple at all. The depth of my love for you is very complex."

"I remember the day that I first saw you like it was yesterday. It was the first day of our speech class in college, you walked in late and the seat next to me was the only one open. You smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat."

With Davis' words, Harry smiles softly at me, his dimple showing. And my heart does just that, it skips a beat.

"Love at first sight sounds completely mythical and crazy. But I swear I fell in love with you the moment I saw you." Davis continues.

"My love for you goes past that first look, though. It only grew deeper and more intense since I first saw that smile of yours that still makes my heart skip a beat."

"Every class I would try and talk to you to get to know you. The more I learned about you, my beautiful Audrey, the further in love with you I fell."

"On the last day of class that semester, I asked you out on a date and you turned me down. I was heartbroken. But I wasn't going to give up on you." Davis laughs. "I guess my persistence paid off, because look where we are now."

Hearing Davis tell this story, that I've heard many times before, suddenly has a new familiar feeling as I look at Harry.

Harry told me that he's liked me for a long time now, which is still hard for me to wrap my mind around. But look at where we are now.

"My love for you started with a simple smile." Davis speaks again. "But now it's early mornings cuddling with you in bed, it's how you always remind me to regularly get my work uniform dry cleaned, it's the little dance you do when the pizza delivery man knocks on the door, it's your passion towards your work..." Davis trails off. "It's all of that and so much more. It's everything about you, Audrey."