Chapter 42

Good times never seemed so good
I've been inclined
To believe they never would

Good times never seemed so goodI've been inclinedTo believe they never would

Today is the day before Audrey and Davis' wedding. Tomorrow when we wake up, it'll be early and all fast paced chaos with everyone getting ready. So last night when we went to bed, the two of us decided that we would just have a relaxing day, savoring this time together before the wedding and our inevitable trip back to our lives in the city.

We've been holed up in our room for most of the morning with the balcony doors open to enjoy the calming sounds of the ocean and wildlife.

The sun is shining in and creating a natural warmth to the room. That, along with the warmth of being cuddled up with Grayson in bed, made it hard for me to leave the room this morning. But I wasn't gone long, quickly returning with breakfast that I made for the two of us to enjoy together in bed while we watched some true crime show on my laptop.

It's nearly midday and it's probably time we force ourselves out of bed, though.

Reluctantly, I shut my laptop and place it on the bedside table before turning back to look at Grayson. "Come on, love." I quip, reaching my hand out to push some hair out of her face. "We should get out of bed."

She looks up at me from her spot, laying down in the bed and cocooned in the comforter, with a dramatic pout on her face. "Do we have to?" She asks, batting her eyelashes, giving me damn puppy dog eyes.

"Are you trying to persuade me with the same tactics children use on their parents when they want a candy bar from the store checkout?" I laugh.

"That depends," she grins. "Is it working? Or should I call you daddy too while we're at it?"

I practically choke on air, still not completely used to her straightforward nature. "Uhm, let's not go there." I laugh awkwardly. "But, fun fact, the daddy kink dates back to 1681. Prostitutes began adopting the term as a way to refer to their pimps." I ramble.

"So you don't have a hidden daddy kink?" She questions with a raised brow.

"I mean, I don't think so. I've never really tried it. I do like to be the dominant one because I feel so out of control with so many aspects of my life, it's nice to know I can control one thing."

"I get that." She says with a soft smile of understanding. "So, since my puppy dog eyes didn't work...can I persuade you with kisses?"

"You drive a hard bargain there, Gray." I quip teasingly. "But I guess ten more minutes in bed can't hurt." I add with a playful eye roll and shrug of my shoulders.