Chapter 26

I'm in trouble I'm an addict
I'm addicted to this girl
She's got my heart tied in a knot
And my stomach in a whirl

I'm in trouble I'm an addictI'm addicted to this girlShe's got my heart tied in a knotAnd my stomach in a whirl

I didn't sleep much last night. My mind has been replaying the conversation Grayson and I had over and over again.

She wants me to kiss her.

I don't know how to process that.

I'm only mildly freaking out.

This is just hard for me to process. Like, the girl that I have been crushing on for so long now, actually likes me back. Well, at least that's what I think her wanting me to kiss her means. It has to be, I'm not stupid. Fuck, she likes me. How does she like me?

I'm spiraling. My brain needs to shut the hell up.

I woke up from the little sleep that I got to Grayson still cuddling me. And waking up like that two days in the row is the best feeling. I could get use to this.

I didn't have the heart to wake her. So I slowly slipped out from her grip and put a pillow in my place.

I have a newfound determination waking up today. I want to do something special for Grayson today.

I haven't been on a date in years. But I want to take Grayson on a date. And I can't wait much longer. While I have this confidence and determination, I'm going to take advantage of it and set up a little date for us tonight.

After I finished getting dressed for the day and brushing my teeth, receiving a text from Brandon was just the extra boost of confidence I needed. Apparently, Grayson told Janet that she likes me. So Brandon told me that I should make a move.

Him and I texted for a while and brainstormed some ideas for what I can do for a date. Ultimately, I decided against all of his suggestions. None of them sounded right.

I want this to be special.

On a whim, I decide to leave the house for a bit and go to the store while Grayson is still sleeping. Maybe I will see something there that will spark an idea. Plus, I definitely want to get her flowers.

Grayson likes me.

I keep having to pinch myself to make sure that I'm not dreaming.

I still don't understand how she likes me. It doesn't make sense. But I can't let myself get in my head and question her feelings. If I do that then I will lose this sudden confidence I have.

"Harry!" The sound of Greg, Grayson's dad, calling my name when I reach the bottom of the stairs catches my attention and startles me slightly.

I turn towards the direction of where his voice came from and see him sitting on one of the barstools at the kitchen island, reading the newspaper and sipping on what I assume to be a cup of coffee. "Mister Saxton, good morning." I greet him.