Chapter 38

Hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this lovebug again

Hopeless, head over heels in the momentI never thought that I'd get hit by this lovebug again

It's nighttime. And instead of the usual routine Grayson and I have fallen into of us snuggling up in bed at night, we are winding down by joining everyone in a family movie night in the living room.

Since some of Grayson's younger cousins are here on this trip, it was decided that the movie would be a more kid friendly choice. So, we are watching The Lion King.

I'm not mad about the choice, though. I actually really enjoy the classic Disney movies. They remind me of childhood. I had a really good childhood, so it's nice to feel the nostalgia from that time.

I think most of the younger kids have fallen asleep by now, though. And to be honest, half of the adults have as well. Grayson and I, on the other hand, are fully awake and have been saying random quotes from the movie as we watch.

Grayson is currently laying with me on the couch. Her body is slotted between my legs with her back resting snuggly against my chest. My chin is resting comfortably on the top of her head and we are wrapped up in a warm fuzzy blanket. Saying that I'm extremely content right now is an understatement.

I don't think that I will ever get tired of these comfortable and simple moments with Grayson. Just getting to hold her like this, wrapped up in a blanket while we watch a movie, is something that I cherish. Simple things tend to go unnoticed or grazed over. But not by me.

"Timonee, ever wonder what those sparkly dots are up there?" Pumba's voice is heard through the speakers of the television screen.

"Pumba, I don't wonder...I know." Timonee replies.

"Oh, what are they?"

"They're fireflies." Timonee says matter-of-factly and I can't help but snort out a laugh. This is one of my favorite parts of the movie. It's so bloody hilarious. "Fireflies that got stuck up on that big bluish black thing."

"Oh, gee," Pumba frowns. And knowing his response has me holding back another laugh. "I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away." I can't help but cackle when he finishes the line, causing Grayson to turn her head to look up at me with a soft smile on her face. "Why am I not surprised that you find this so funny?" She quips.

"You can't tell me that it isn't." I retort. "Pumba showing that he's a secret genuins."

"You're my secret genius." Grayson says with a wink before puckering her lips in a silent ask for me to kiss her.