Letter 4

HAYDEN

HAYDEN

"Here he is" my dad announced as I walked down.

The old-looking man around my dad's age and the woman who I guess is his wife were widely grinning at me.

The look on my sister and mother's face made it obvious that they aren't enjoying this company.

"Hello son" the man greeted me before pulling me into a hug.

"You've grown so much from the last time I saw you, taller than me huh?" He remarked.

Honestly, I don't remember ever seeing him. But I just hugged him back before faking my usual friendly-looking smile.

"I bet he doesn't remember us, Hi son. I'm Charlotte and that's Max" the lady introduced before hugging me as well.

My dad laughed before throwing his arm over my shoulder squeezing it and said "but I bet he remembers Brittany."

And they all started laughing. I gave my mom a confused look and she gave me a sympathetic smile.

BRITTANY WHO?

"Where is she??? She has grown into a beautiful young lady. Anyone could easily mistake her as a Victoria's Secrets model." My dad said in his overjoyed tone, exaggerating to whoever this girl is.

Piper yawned louder than anything interrupting this entire conversation.

All the gaze moved from me in her direction. My dad had this "why-I-agreed-to-bring-her-with-us" Face on.

While Max & Charlotte has a judgy face on. I just looked at her thanking her mentally.

"Um sorry." She said as she straightened out her sweatshirt that said 'if you think I'm Short, you should see my patience.' Pretty sure she purposely did that and I'm not complaining.

"aren't we here for having fun? Let's go on the beach" My sister said.

"Yes, honey we will now" my mom added as the three of them began to walk away.

"Yes let's go, Brittany's already there, she can meet Hayden on the beach directly. I hope you can keep that much patience sweetie, you know patience fruit is sweet ." Charlotte said before smirking and leaving with her husband and the rest of the family.

I turned around to see Jake fallen asleep on the chair behind snoring lightly. This gave me an idea.

"WHAT THE-" Jake woke up horrified wiping his face as I poured more water on his face. Revenge is sweet.

"Dude why would you do that I was almost getting laid-" he stopped.

His face turning into Elmo. Wait so now he blushes? He's actually blushing?

"Bro? To who??" I asked. No response, his face just got redder than it was.

He is speechless. The person who talks non-stop, who even freaking talks in his sleep. Is now speechless. God this is weird.

Then again what's not weird in my life?

"Wait? Let me guess... Brittany??" I assumed.

"Brittany who?" He got a question to my question and not an answer. But at least he's in his normal state now.

"I don't know, my dad's friend's daughter. She's here actually at the beach. The rest of the family already left for the beach."

"Then why are we still here?" Jake said.

"Let's goooo, I need to see if she's single? What if she is the love of my life and we are finally meeting? What if we meet as I recuse her from being chased by the seagulls beaking over her head, omg that would be so romantic" He ranted non-stop.

Thank god, at least he's back, but I need to talk to him.

At least I feel sort of relaxed knowing I'm not the only one who gets these perverted dreams.

"Wait," he said and stopped on track.

"What if this girl is the same girl who is been haunting you in your dreams for months." He assumed.

I felt little squeeze in my heart by his words, and a mini flashback from my earlier chat with Max and Charlotte "I bet he remembers Brittany" played again in my head.

Hmmm, what if it's true? How will I recognize her? The only thing I know is those hazel eyes....oh that scar... The scar on her index finger, Like the ring was giving her that wound.

YES. THE SCAR.

------------------------------------------------------