Letter 39

HAYDEN

HAYDEN

"What was that?? What are you hiding?" I asked her

She is so dead.

Why didn't I guess it before? She's crazy enough to do something like this.

"Um, what? Nothing..just um some girly stuff.." she replied it was crystal clear in her voice that she is nervous way too nervous.

"Like what?"

I know I shouldn't be asking such questions. I respect her privacy but I need to know.

Before she could respond my phone decided to interfere.

"Hey Mom," I said as soon as I put the phone to my ear. My eyes were still on her bag. I'm gonna find it out.

I'll find it today, and end this chapter here before I leave. Or should I say land the freaking plane?

"Hayden...Hayden"

"Mom? Are you okay" I asked even though it was pretty obvious she is crying?

I stood up from my seat and glanced at my phone, is it still connected? Yes. Then why isn't she speaking anything.

My mind already jumping to the worse conclusions possible.

"MOM? What's wrong? Are you fine? Please tell me you're okay!" I asked again after no response from her side.

"Your Dad"

My heart nearly stopped for a second.

I don't if I want to hear what she says next or not.

"HE IS SAYING THERE IS THIS UNBEARABLE PAIN IN HIS CHEST. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HAYDEN. JUST COME HOME WE NEED TO TAKE HIM TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW. I'VE CALLED AN AMBULANCE BUT I DON'T KNOW IF WE SHOULD WAIT FOR THEM"

"Mom, calm down I'll be there in minute. You take care of dad till then okay and yours too. I'll be there" with that I left the mall. I and Brittany sat in her car.

I don't if it's a wise choice to take help from her.

But dad is important than my pride for now.

I wish mom didn't have her knee surgery last week, she would have driven dad herself. What if I'm late? What if there is traffic on the way?

All the negative thoughts took over my mind. I was panicked.

He'll be okay I kept telling myself.

I went out of the driving limit, I heard Brittany yell a few times.

It took a few minutes to reach home which felt like hours. We took him to the hospital in Brittany's car.

Dad was taken inside the ER immediately.

We sat on the seat outside. I held mom in a hug trying to keep her calm but I was the one who needed a hug to stay calm as well.

But definitely not from Brittany.

His words in the car.

"I won't survive this heart attack. Take care of mom and my business and get married to the girl that meets our standards"  kept running in my mind. I know who he was pointing at indirectly.

How can he even think about so-called standards in that state? He's impossible!!!!

But I hope he's okay.
_________________________________
Pray for Henry!

I know this is really short chapter!!! But it's divide in few parts so. Keep going :)

Hugs and Bye.