Letter 18

"sweet first kiss at 7, oops"

JACOB

The annoying sunlight peeking through the window made my eyes flutter. I had to let open my eyes even though I didn't want to.

I began to lift myself, but the weight on me wouldn't let me get out of the place.

As I glanced, I could see Piper's head tucked under my chin, as her hand grabbing the piece of my shirt. I can hear her light snores as she sleeps peacefully.

My heart clenched.

Even though it's not something new to me, every time she is this close to me, my heart is always on the verge to explode.

'Chill Jake, Chill. you got this' I kept
chanting in my head.

I began to stroke her curly hair, as lightly as possible trying not to wake her up, even though my arm feels so numb by her on it.

...But we need to wake up before Hayden or any of the family members show up, and get the wrong idea.

Didn't Piper just warn me, before we decide to nap today that, we need to keep our distance and not cross our invisible boundaries? Huh, We can clearly see who broke the rules and is all over me right now. I smirked to myself as I continued playing with her hair.

Ahhh I'm so tired. I should get some sleep.

I can't though, not when my heart is beating at this pace.

I will never figure out why am I so comfortable around her, yet so nervous. Maybe it's just a best friend thing?

I closed my eyes trying to distract myself, or in a hope to get some more sleep. The memories from the pool yesterday played like a movie in front of my eyes.

I dash open my eyes to stop them.

Oh god. What was I even up to? What was I even thinking? Was I out my freaking mind?

HOW COULD I EVEN THINK ABOUT KISSING HER? MY BEST FRIEND!

I've seen her been nasty as she jumps in puddles, and roll in the mud. I've seen her choke on her own saliva. We have been best friends for more than 10 years.

I remember when Hayden first introduced her to me. She was this cute little girl, whom I absolutely hated because I thought she was stealing my brother, my best friend from me.

I remember how she wore the SpongeBob shirt and denim shorts with a huge beanie cap, the one she wore almost every single day, it was her gift from her late grandma, she knitted it for her. Piper was most close to her apart from us.

Our first meet wasn't that great because we got into our first fight the same day.

Her SpongeBob shirt gave me an idea to annoy her.