Letter 29

PIPER

PIPER

Jake has offered me to drive home, I don't want him too though. Mom and her boyfriend are currently staying at our place.

Mom usually goes to his house but he has lost his apartment because he haven't paid rent in 8 months...

I don't want Jake to meet him. I have two reasons for that

1. Cause it's embarrassing, I'm pretty sure they will be extremely drunk by now.

2. Because he might get aggressive and protective for now reason.

How should I stop him?

"Jake, can you drop me off at the grocery, I got to buy some stuff!"

"I'll go with you, I want to buy something too." He replied his eyes still fixed on the road.

He's so GORGEOUS when he drives.

Is that even a thing???

I mean damn that side profileeeeee.

"Bro, you can get whatever you want from the store near your house." I insisted.

"Do you have any plans with your secret boyfriend, that you're trying so hard to get rid of me?" He said mockingly.

"Yes that could be too, so please give us some privacy." I mocked back.

He just glared at me as if he don't approve that before moving his eyes back to the road.

Silence dropped between us, my house getting nearer after every second. My mind kept thinking of any excuse I can make of, because he always drop me to my bedroom, and not just on door.

"Jakeeeee, you haven't bought me ice-creaaaanm in a while, I want one nowww." I pleaded.

"It's fucking freezing outside, how can you even have ice-cream in this weather."

"It's summers."

"And still it's 15°C today." He replied.

"I want ice-cream, the one on hills."

"Boy, that's like 1 hour from here." He said and gave me that you've got to be kidding me look.

"Okay, so it's a no? k, don't keep your promise." I said in a low voice.

He made a promise, of an unlimited ice cream supply for the rest of my life, with no time restriction so why can't he keep it.

He took U turn as he began to drive to the hill. It made me all merry from inside.

"You're the sweetest, my loveeeee." I said pinching his cheeks harshly.

"Ow, stop it Pee" he cried. I let him go, cause he's gonna buy me three ice-creams today.

"Um..by the way, do you really have a secret boyfriend?" He questioned as he checked himself out in the rearview mirror.

We almost kissed in the hideout, how can he even think that I might have someone else in my heart.

Cause he does that all the time, kissing multiple girls at the same time. My subconscious mind rubbed reality on my face.

I'm glad Hayden walked on time and I pushed him off before our lips could've touched. I didn't want these kind of regrets.

"Piper, don't daydream about him, not when I'm right next to you atleast." He whined.

I just faked a chuckle to dropped this topic to which he rolled his beautiful gray eyes.

Took 30 minutes to be here since it's night, and no traffic.

Jake left to get ice-creams, while I stood near his car with my back pressed on it, viewing the city from the top. The tiny lights blinking all over, looking like stars in the sky.

It always feels so good to be here. Especially with Jake. It's oddly therapeutic. This is our special place.

I kept replaying the scene from earlier in my head, which made my cheeks go warm in this icy cold wind.

I wonder if Hayden wouldn't show up, would he really kiss me?? Or would it end up being his another prank like the last time in the pool when we were at vacation.

He followed me to the pool, lifted me just to drown me in. What a horrible guy.

"Piper, is that you?" A male voice caught my attention. I turned to the very familiar face. Sylvester. whaaaat is he doing here?

"Oh hi." I replied in a shock. It's been a while.

"Wasn't expecting you to see here." He said when I didn't say much.

"Same actually" I replied nervously.

Sylvester is my childhood crush, my first crush eveeeer. He's my martial art guru. He trained, he taught me all the delicious punches and kicks, he taught me how to stand up against my bullies. To put them in their place.

He's three years older than me.

He's my dad's bestfriend, Andrew's son.

God, I love Andrew.

Andrew has been there for me after my dad ran away with his girlfriend after being tired of my alcoholic mom and her never-ending affairs.

Not that it's his fault for giving up on her but what was my fault why did he give up on me? Was I that worthless to him?

Andrew helped me pay for my school and now college. He basically adopted me without signing any papers. He still sends me money which I barely use because it just feels like a debt to me.

I've stayed at their home for few years after my Grandma passed away, that's when Sylvester taught me all these marvelous tricks to kick and protect myself. I've used them a lot on my mum's pedo exes.

"I come here all the time ever since I returned from Australia that is two months ago. You haven't replied to my texts girl, just because I decided to leave for 7years you don't get a option to forget me." He said in his usual playful deep voice.

God, he was so perfect always have been, with his long brunette hair, pretty brown eyes..kinda reminds me of young Johnny Depp.

"I'm just busy with college and everything you know and Welcomeeee back" I replied grinning widely.

"Glad to hear that, and look at you you've grown into such a beautiful lady now. I'm proud of you. But you will always be my Lil P." He said out of nowhere.

To listen someone be proud of me when I see myself as a disappointment is a huge compliment.

He took me in his embrace that's still comforting as ever. I could feel his abs on my cheeks as he caresses my hair.

When we broke the hug Jake stood between us on the left with his hand full of ice cream cups as he stare at us with this weird look on his face that I cannot explain.

He looked at us like...

______________________

Hussssh!!! The chapter was too long had to break it off in two so keep going for the other part babies :)

Bye & Hugs!