Letter 57

JACOB

JACOB

It's been 5 hours since both my best friends have gone missing.

I can totally understand how Hayden must have felt when I and Piper didn't receive his call cause that's exactly how I feel right now.

What am I supposed to do?

I would give them space on normal days, but today is different both of them have left me because I've provided them reasons too.

I need to fix this before it gets worse.

"Hey, Whatsup?" My dad walked in.

"What's with your face? Why does it looks like you just walked in on me and your mother" he cracked up.

"Dad, I've hurt people who are very close to me. I don't know what to do? Please don't say apologize cause I've done that, and this is beyond any apology" I explained.

"See, in that case, either give them space or invade their space until they get tired and accept you" he suggested.

Wow, nice. I rolled my eyes. My dad gives best advice to people and I get this?

As I walked downstairs taking my car keys I made my way towards I don't know where?

I kept driving until I passed the park. Hayden use to come whenever he was mad.

That's where he met Piper and later introduced us.

What if Hayden is still here? He's mad right now right? He could be here...

I parked my car on the opposite side of the road before walking in.

The park was nearly empty. There were few kids and old couples.

Man, old couples make me happy. It's good to see people been in love for decades. I want that.

Stop and focus.

I walked towards and oh.

Oh.

Piper sat on the swing, while annoying Slyvester right in front of her, cupping her face and leaning to kiss her on the forehead.

Great? I guess.

I got my answer.

This is her important place

She's still not over her crush. He did tell me the same other night.

I made the wrong move, worst actually kissing someone who would never want to be kissed by me.

Man, I hate myself even more now.

I walked away before they see the pathetic me. I rushed to my car before sliding in.

I harshly smacked the steering wheel like that's the most appropriate thing to do.

Why did I even come here? I'm a certified fool.

I drove as faster as I could.

Until I reached the place I shouldn't have.

But I was here, at Dos Old Ice cream...also known as Hills ice cream in Piper's word.

Stop I shouldn't be thinking about her.

I'm gonna eat ice cream, at our place by myself. I know that's sinful but I don't care.

Our place, but Slyvester did show up here once. Am I still allowed to call it OUR PLACE?

"Hey, Pretty" I said to the grandma who is the owner along with her husband.

"Hey, I can hear you" grandpa walked out as he narrowed his eyes at me. I just let out the chuckle.

"What happened miele, why do you look sad?" Grandma asked handing me my usual strawberry ice cream.

"Just few things aren't going well for me" I told her

She gave me a sympathetic smile before patting my cheeks and letting me know.

"Whatever that is meant to be will happen eventually, don't worry. Everything will be alright."

I smiled at her. As I handed her money which she refused to take since I'm having a bad day. She's an angel.

"Glad to see Piper got her brains back and finally decided to dump your nasty ass" Grandpa laughed. I just narrowed my eyes at him.

"Roberto" Grandma exclaimed, silencing him as always.

He just shrugged. I placed a kiss on her cheeks and stick my tongue out to the mean mean Grandpa before dashing out laughing.

As soon as I was out all the memories slammed in front of my eyes, making me an emotional bitch again.

I can't.

I handed my ice cream cup to one of the little girls who was still waiting in the queue impatiently. She gave me this cute, 2-3 teeth missing smile which lighten up my mood a bit.

I tried calling Hayden a couple of times which went on voicemail.

So, I made my way towards the basketball court.

That's my medicine now.

____________________________________