Letter 6

HAYDEN

As soon as we reached where we left our family earlier. I gave mom and Sarah a look that says 'everything is alright', Mom sighed in relief.

That's when Charlotte walked towards us, staring stare at Piper.

Jake and I went in our usual protective mode unknowingly as we stood a bit ahead of Piper, crossing arms over our chest like bouncers.

Even though we know Piper doesn't need to be protected by no man, she can break 206 bones at once.

Charlotte walked towards Piper held her both hands in hers.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything. My daughter is the same age as you, so you're like a daughter to me that's why I was so frank to you. But trust me I had no intentions to hurt." She finished her apology.

"It's okay" Piper replied with a small smile.

"Hug?" Charlotte asked extending her arms out. Piper hugged her without thinking for a sec.

"I'm sorry too" Jake apologized.

Charlotte hugged him as well.

So are we good now?

Hope things stay the same so I can survive this vacation.

"Brittanyyyy" Charlotte shouted while waving towards the sea.

Three of us gawked at the sea. Brittany was nowhere in sight.

"Did she drowned? Is it my time for an appearance in the sea and her life?" Jake joked.

But no, seriously! Is something wrong happening? Is she really okay?

That's when I caught sight of a girl standing afar waving and then making her way to us.

As she reached near the shore. She walked out of the water, in her wine-red bathing suit.

I observed her every move but the most I was focused on, her hand.

Where the scar is supposed to be.

That's the only thing that can identify her.

"Oh my God, is she even real? She is literally the goddess of the sea, Wait is she an Ariel." Jake went on.

"She's blonde dickhead." Piper punched Jake in the ribs.

"This is my daughter..." Charlotte went on as Brittany was right in front of us.

"Hey, it's me Brittany" she announced while extending her hand forward for a handshake.

I just kept staring at her hand scanning each line on it..the scar was nowhere in sight. Do I look like a creep?

It's a left hand, maybe on right?

"Never heard about hand fetish" Brittany said jokingly, bring me back to reality.

"Oh no," I laughed, actually I'm embarrassed.

I rubbed my neck nervously as I extended my hand forward.

This was the first time I glanced at her face. She is pretty, in her olive skin. Her blond hair now wet hair fell till her shoulder...Her electric blue eyes..wait, blue eyes. That's not my girl!

"Hi, I'm Hayden. Nice to meet you finally!" I let her know.

She smiled.

"Hi Den, you don't know how long I've been waiting to see you." She turned handshake into a hug, pulling me into her arms.

I awkwardly hugged her with one hand resting it on the small of her back.

"These are my best friends: Jake and Piper" I further introduced.

Jake has been throwing light punches from behind I know what he meant by that 'introduce me to her!'

"Hey Jake and P right? long time no see, didn't know you guys are still friends. That's great!!" Brittany expressed.

"You know us?" Piper pointed out. Honestly, that's what going through my mind.

"I know about Hayden, but you guys don't remember me as well?" Brittany asked a question in response to a question.

Piper and Jake exchanged looks.

"Summer Camp, 6th grade" Brittany hinted.

"OH ITS BRITTANY! OH, IT'S YOU." Jake yelled excitedly, making Brittany smirk.

Piper didn't look as happy.

Maybe this girl is a bad news

------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading
Don't forget to comment with your views!

Sending virtual hugs.