Chapter 47: You're kidding, right?

Chase stopped in his tracks and angled himself towards the door. He switched his gaze towards Chloe, "You called back-up, Chloe? Couldn't handle the heat yourself?" His tone of voice was indiscernible. I couldn't tell if he was happy or disappointed...

"I didn't call anyone," she muttered before speaking to Tom, "Did you?" Tom shook his head.

"Quit with the games, guys. You've really done it now," Chase said, "You know what I have to do, right?"

"Chase-"

"Tony, don't get in the middle of this," Chase turned to Tony with a look of warning. Tony huffed in annoyance and dropped his weapon to the side.

Which left me standing alone with my weapon still in sight.

Chase's eyes turned to mine and I swallowed hard. He's not supposed to find out this way.

~

Chase's POV

I looked at Annelise again. Maybe I should reveal to her that I know she's an assassin, her wide eyes look panicked.

"Annelise..." I paused. Where do I start?

"Yup. This is me." her voice carried through the building, echoing against the walls. Or was it just me?

"We need to talk," I said.

"This isn't the right time to break up, Chase. We have visitors," Tony interrupted.

I turned again towards the door. Three of dead Victor's men were inside of the shop, standing rigidly.

"This isn't any of your business. I suggest you leave before I kill you three," I warned. If Chloe and Tom didn't call them then they really have no business with us.

"Hand over Annelise and we'll leave you all alone," the one in the middle started, "Chloe and Thomas-"

"It's Tom."

"Chloe and Tom will be paid hansomely for their work in return."

"They didn't call you, though," Tony clarified.

"They didn't have to. We've been following them for a while."

"Seriously, guys?" exasperated Tony turned back to Chloe and Tom, "Didn't you learn anything at training camp?"

This is really irritating, why are they all acting like nothing's happening? I rubbed my face in frustration, "I'm not going to repeat myself," I reached around me and took out my handgun and aimed it at the henchman in the middle, "Leave."

With my last word they visible bent their heads down. Good. It's healthy to be afraid.

"We c-can't. Our boss will kill us if we don't bring her with us," the other henchman pointed a finger at Annelise. Like hell they're taking her.

"Fine, I'll let you choose," I lowered my gun for a second, "One: You three leave now and get killed by your boss. Or two: I kill you now and send your bodies to your boss," I compromised, "Either way you're going to die, I guess." I shrugged, "Might as well get it over with, that's what I always say." I smiled at them, showing them my merciful nature. 

~

Annie's POV

Wow. No wonder everyone's afraid of him. He's totally being serious right now.

"If you kill us you won't get out alive," one of the henchmen said, "There's about 10 other guys outisde waiting to rumble." This guy has bigger balls than the other two.