Chapter 10: I told you I was coming, didn't I?

I looked at the floor length mirror in my parent's room, holding up two dresses. I couldn't decide if I wanted to wear a knee lenght floral dress or a slightly about the knee flowy dark blue dress to the club. I don't now what the club 'etiquette' is, but I do know that I want to be comfortable through the whole ordeal. 

I decided to go with the floral print... that will definitely keep any wandering eyes and hands away from me. I wasn't afraid of breaking anyone's hands, but I didn't want to have to draw too much attention to myself, and Jenny probably won't like it anyway.

Jenny. She's gonna kill me when she sees me in this dress. I just hope she doesn't bring any extra dresses with her when she comes to pick me up. I wouldn't put it past her though.

I quickly showered and got dressed. After doing my hair in long waves I hurriedly put my make-up on. I only had 20 minutes before Jenny was set to arrive, and I still haven't been able to find my flats!

I looked under the bed for what seemed like the thousandth time, but still found no sign of my shoes anywhere. I heard the unmistakeable purr of Jenny's boyfriend's car arrive on the driveway. Great, she's gonna definitely kill me now. How ironic. Soon I heard her at the front door. any minute now she was going to barge into my room and see that i'm not ready.

I, of course, am a great actress, so I decided to stay halfway under the bed and await her arrival. 

"No. Absolutely not."

I lifted my head quickly and bumped it on the underside of the bed board, "Ow," I massaged my head as I crawled back out, "don't scare me like that," I lied. This was a great excercise for me to brush up on my acting skills.

"You are not wearing that dress tonight!," I saw her eyes were wide as she gestured at the dress, "It's hideous!" she shrieked.

"Hey! that's not nice," I pouted.

"Wait! I brought a back-up dress with me!" 

I didn't like the sound of this..." What do you mean a 'back-up dress."

"You know, just in case someone spilled their drink on me or something," she told me as if it was obvious, "I'll go get it, it's in Luke's car."

"Jenny, please don't!" I pleaded, "If that dress looks anything like the one you're wearing right now, I will puke."

"Well excuse me! But this happens to be a one of a kind Khol's dress!" she scoffed.

"Khol's? Hmm very original."

"That's it, young lady, you're wearing that dress whether you like it or not!"

Goddamnit.

Sometimes I think she believes she's the older and mature one in this friendship. I let her believe it, though, she's just too gosh darn cute when she gets bossy! 

I sighed as I removed my dress and stepped into my pj's, waiting for Jenny to come back with the dress. No use in arguing with her when she's got her mind made up.

A few minutes later, I'm in a tight dress that flatters my body way too much. And way too tight! This could be a problem..!

There was no place where I could hide my weapons in!

"No way. I can't wear this," I implored. There was no way I was leaving this house without any weapons.

"What do you mean! You look fabulous!" Jenny gushed, "I had no idea you had that smoking hot body under those clothes!"

"This is not even a dress anymore! it's like a second skin!"

"When you got it, flaunt it! That's what my mother always says!" she adviced.