Chapter 11: Chase.

"I'll be right back," I told Alex. 

"Where are you going?" We stopped walking, a few feet away from the bar.

"I'm just gonna go look for my friend, make sure she's ok," I elaborated. 

"I'll come with you," Alex said. He's a pretty decent guy, to be honest. At least he's more respectful than Chase.

I wonder where Chase went, too.

"No, that's alright. I'm sure she's in the girl's room, anyway," I hope she's in the girl's room. I didn't want to have to scour the whole club looking for her. But if I have to, then I will.

"Alright then. I'll be at the bar with Ray when you come back," He smiled down at me. I nodded in acknowledgement and set out towards the back of the club where I hope the girl's room would be located. 

Unfortuntely, the girl's room wasn't there. I looked around the room, trying to localize the restroom. This club has to have a restroom. But after another scan of the room, I realized the restroom was nowhere in sight! This is ridiculous!

As I was about to move from my spot, I felt a hand land on my shoulder. Just as I was about to deliver a blow (instincts), the hand retreated and I heard a famliar voice yell my name over the loud music.

I turned to see Luke standing there, slightly swaying side to side. He's not supposed to drink tonight, he was supposed to be our ride home. Lucky for him, I don't drink.

"Have-a you seen Jenny?" He beat me to the question first; his speech came out in a slur, but I understood every word. My mind immediately went on overdrive. I clutched the front of his shirt and steered him away from the crowd. 

I roughly let go of his shirt and stood in front of him, steadying him with my hands. "What do you mean 'have you seen Jenny'." I laced venom into my words, hoping to get through his muddled intoxicated pea brain.

"I- well- We soraf hada figh'," he stopped speaking for a second, looking away from me, "She -hiccup- left me," at that sentence he started crying. Like, literally crying. I didn't have time to console this pathetic excuse of a man. He left Jenny alone, and I wasn't going to forgive him anytime soon.

"When did you last see her," I clutched his front shirt with both hands. He either didn't hear me, or chose to ignore me, as he wailed louder. Drunk Luke is annoying as hell. "WHEN DID YOU LAST SEE HER!" I yelled in his face. His eyes widened and tried to focus on me.

"You. are. scary." he managed out. His crying ceased, but I was already on edge with this boy.

"I swear to God Luke, if you don't tell me where she is in 1 second I will rip off your balls and ma-"

"Alright! alright! I s-saw her likea minute ago -hiccup-."

"A minute ago? You fucking dipshit, you were with me a minute ago!" I pushed him backwards hard. He obviously wasn't going to give me the information I needed. I had to go out on my own and find her. 

I ran as fast as I could towards the bar, not caring if I looked like a madwoman. I'm not used to having people help me with anything, but this id Jenny we're talking about. My friend, closest to a sister I will ever have. 

Before I could reach the bar, I felt a hand tug at my arm, pulling me to a stop.

"Hey baby, where're you go-" I pulled my arm back, and swung a quick loaded punch at the asshole's face. I didn't have time to hear his crap.

I left the guy bleeding from the nose and hurried faster to the bar.

In reality, Jenny might actually be ok. She might be dancing on the dance floor at this very moment for all I know. But I've seen and heard bad things happen to people that have disappeared one too many times; I wasn't going to take any chances.