Chapter 31: Maybe he's not that bad after all.

Author's Note: Some vulgar language as you read on... beware!

_____

We reached the ice rink in less than an hour. Literally 35 minutes.

Chase is the worst and best driver I've ever met... besides myself. Must be an assassin skill.

"This is so exciting, guys!" Jenny exclaimed as she walked in front of Chase and I. I know she purposely walked faster to leave us alone together. Sneaky.

We reached the front counter, where a boy with a very acne-ridden face lazily leaned on, "Excuse me!" Jenny chirped excited.

He didn't respond but rather swiveled his eyes towards her. Rude.

"Can we get some skating shoes, please?" she smiled at him. Sometimes she's just too nice.

"How many." was his curt reply.

"Three," she responded. He turned his attention towards Chase and I, standing right behind Jenny. 

He turned back to Jenny and scoffed before getting a clipboard out, "Sizes."

"I'm 7 and a half, she's 8, and he's..." she trailed off, looking at Chase for an answer.

"9 and a half," Chase responded.

The guy went along his business, going through a door, then coming back out quickly with three pairs of skates.

He placed the skates on the counter, "That'll be 30 dollars." Chase was immediately at the front giving the guy a black card.

This place isn't bad at all. The whole inside of the building was painted pristinely white with blue trimmings. Very clean, indeed. I noticed there weren't many people here. Figures, it's almost 10pm; it's bedtime for most. 

"Don't be a dick."

I turned back to the front counter and saw Chase rigid as heck, his eyes boring holes on the pimply-faced boy. I spotted Jenny next to Chase with an equally murderous look. I stepped forward to catch their conversation.

"So I'm guessing it's you two that are together," the boy said pointing at each in return, "Fine, I'll just take your friend over there," he pointed towards me. Take me where? What're they talking about?

"Fuc-!" Jenny was silenced by Chase's hand on her mouth.

"Don't tempt me," Chase interrupted her.

"What the fuck. Tempt you? Talk like an American you dumbass. I can have you kicked out of here in a second. My dad owns this p-" His annoying rant was suddenly stopped by Chase's flying fist making contact with the side of his face. The boy flew backwards hitting the wall behind, managing to drop all of the paper-filled cupboards stacked on the counter.

"Oh my God! What do we do now?" Jenny asked, freaked out by Chase's sudden violence. She peeked over the counter, trying to see if the boy was ok.

"We skate!" Chase said happily.

Maybe he's not that bad after all. Crazy, definitely. But not bad.

~~~~

"Come on! That's not fair!" I cried, laughing as Chase passed me on our race across the ice rink. We've been here for 2 hours now, the whole rink was empty, leaving only Chase and I on it. Jenny retired a long time ago, she just couldn't keep up with our amazing skating skills.

"You're so slow!" Chase proved his point as he faced me while skating backwards. I smiled at his childish behavior before picking up more speed.

I'm gonna win this race if it's the last thing I do!

He noticed my sudden change of speed and scrambled to get back in the game. In a few seconds, I passed him, leaving him far behind. 

That'll show him! I smiled as I was almost to the end of the rink. 

Almost there....

"Oof!" I cried as a massive force pushed me aside. I was toppling sideways, not able to get my balance, when my arm was suddenly grabbed to stop my falling. 

But that didn't work, as Chase and I both fell to the ice floor... in the most comprimising position ever. 

I looked up and noticed Chase's face inches away from me. Our breaths mingled together in small cotton puffs. 

The thing is, I couldn't--no, I didn't want to look away from his blue eyes. 

Unfortunately, I had no choice but to cringe at the sudden pain from my stomach injury.

"Crap! I'm so sorry, I completely forgot," Chase scrambled off of me as I tried to right myself. The pain wasn't as unbearable as before, but it still hurt. 

I didn't dwell long on his comment. Tony must've told him about  my injury. At least he's keeping my secret away from Chase.

"I'm fine, it's just a scratch," I said, Keeping my pain masked as I slowly stood back up. The last thing I need is for blood to start seeping through my clothes. I think I've lost way too much blood as it is.

"Annie! Chase! Are you guys alright?" I heard Jenny yell from the side of the rink. I waved back in reassurance as Chase and I skated slowly towards the exit. 

"Are you ok?" he asked. He kept a close distance to me, probably afraid I might faint or something.

"Yea, I'm fine," I smiled up him. His eyes widened in surprise as he smiled back at me. This is a big step for me - being nice to a guy- so he better not ruin it!

Before we reached the exit, he grabbed my arm, stopping me, "So uh," he rubbed the back of his neck, "you wanna go out sometime?"

What. "Sorry?" I asked. Did I hear him right? 

"You know, like a dinner and a movie or something. A date," he finished. He averted his eyes away from me. I've never seen him look so embarassed before.

"Umm.." Can I go out with him? I'm an assassin... but so is he. 

Why the hell not. My life is crazy anyway, "Yeah. Sure," I responded, embarrassed myself. Why am I embarrassed? I shouldn't be embarassed!

"Really?" Chase donned a big smile on his face, "Awesome!"

"Hey guys!" Jenny showed up right at the nick of time, "Ready to leave?"

"Yes." Both Chase and I responded as if we were both caught with our hand in the cookie jar.

"Wow. So eager," she said, "Awkward..." she sang as she turned away.

______________________________________________________

Author's Note:

A lil' suh'm suh'm fo' y'all! 

Side Note (completely irrelevant to this chapter) : Here's a link with a list of REALLY cool fighting movies!! They're super awesome, but if there are a couple that show gory scenes, so stay away from those if you're not comfortable with them! Anyway, Tony is featured in two of them! Soooooo if you're bored someday just click the link (or copy and paste) and watch yourself a good movie! ^.^ 

http://imgur.com/gallery/mZ8tA