Chapter 17: An assassin's temper is nothing to joke about.

Author's Note: The end is heavy. It's a horrible and saddening situation that I have experienced (not personally, but from a close friend). Annelise's reaction was similar to mine, unfortunately. I don't condone it. If you or anyone you know are going through it, please seek help immediately. Or even message me if you need someone to talk to. Don't be alone in this, let someone in. <3 I love you! <3

_____________________________________________________________________________

I froze, my whole body tensing up for the incoming onslaught that I knew would follow. 

I know exactly who it is, walking towards me without a care in the world. One of three people who call me 'Emily'; the name given to me as an assassin. Different emotions accosted me, ranging from terror to disbelief. The fact that he was walking towards me and not haulting in his step let me know that he wasn't in a friendly mood. 

But how did he find out? I thought back to the recent days, trying to pinpoint  any revealing evidence I might've unwillingly exposed. 

Wasting no more time, I resumed walking the empty hallways, still being followed by my newfound enemy. I needed to disable him before my secret got out. If it meant killing him, then I have no choice. I can't risk the life of my family for this stupid mistake.

I turned the corner to another empty hallway, this one filled with notice boards and two classroom doors. Luckily, this was a dead-end-- just what I needed. Before he caught up to me, I dodged to the side quickly and lowered myself down to a trash can, conveniently placed near the entrance of the hallway.

I waited until I heard his footsteps coming closer. It unnerved me to realize that he was in no hurry to catch up to me; but I had the element of surprise. Reaching the side of my boot, I took out my small sharp knife pinstakingly slowly and with precision. It would do no good if it made noise at that moment.

There he was: Jason. He continued to walk towards the end of the hallway. Like I said... it's unnerving the way he carries himself at the moment. I'm positive he knows I'm here. Lucky for me, I was trained to expect any outcome.

Taking my chance, I stood up quickly and launched my knife without hesitation towards his left; all the while running towards him without a care in the world. I knew he would hear me as soon as I stood up. I was right, as he quickly twisted to his left, intending to make a 180. I saw in his right hand the gun I was anticipating, and aiming, for. He raised it towards his left but failed to see the knife already whizzing towards his gun. 

Direct hit! His gun clanged to the floor and his hand started bleeding. Before he could further react, I reached him in record time and lifted my right arm, going straight for his neck. He collided with the back wall and I continued to apply pressure, anger in my eyes.

The betrayal of my once friend hurt like no other. I looked into his eyes, trying to see what his intentions were, but found only a cold unwavering look. He had no right to be angry! It's my life he's currently messing with! I will give him no mercy.

"So it is you," he started, his tone clipped and low, conveying his heartless intention. "How long did you think you would fool me?" 

"I owe you nothing," I was surprised by my voice, I hadn't intended it to sound weak. and just to make up for it, I pressed even harder on his windpipe.

Jason was clearly taller than me by a good 6 inches, but i had the upper hand and strenght. I knew what points to press and what muscles to use without exerting myself. I guess you could say i'm a female version of the great Bruce Lee... just not as great as he was.

He made a chocking sound as I didn't let up.

"How did you find out? Who told you?" I demanded. I needed answers before I killed him. It was even more devastating as I realized that my first kill will be one of my friends.