Chapter 20: Old habits die hard.

Author's Note: There's a slightly graphic scene towards the end. I'll put a marker on the beginning and the end of it, so keep a look out! :D [It's not too long or bad, but just in case you don't like that sort of stuff, I'll warn you! <3]

___

"Get out! Get out now, you pervert!" I pushed him towards the door and he complied. "Don't you ever knock? Seriously, I could've been doing my business!"

"But you weren't. So what happened to your face?" Always straight to the point.

"I tripped, alright? Now go before I call my parents!"

"Call them all you want. They won't come." He smirked in triumph and leaned against the door frame.

Wait....What does he mean 'they won't come'?!

"What. Did. You. Do." I put on my most menacing face. Chase or not, I'm not putting up with anymore attacks on my family. Having been kidnapped by mobsters, then escaping after hurting the henchmen, my anxiety is now three-fold.

His smile faltered as he realized the seriousness of the situation now. "I didn't do anything, I-I swear." He stuck both his hands out in surrender.

I dashed out of the bathroom, and out of my room, headed straight to the living room. I was expecting them to still be there, seeing as to how it was almost midnight. My parents are big TV watchers. 

Seeing no sign of them there, I headed towards their room, then the kitchen...but still no trace of them anywhere. 

Someone's going to pay big time. I turned to move out of the kitchen, but was blocked by Chase who seemed to have followed me through my search.

"What do you know?" I asked.

"I really don't know anything. I don't keep tabs on your parents." I've never seen Chase look helpless, but this wasn't the time to speculate. "When and where was the last time you saw them?"

"Close to 10:45, in the living room. I wasn't gone long-"

"On that topic, where exactly did you go?" his stern voice came out again, but frankly I have no time for this.

"That's not important right now! I've gotta find my parents!" I jogged up the stairs, towards John's room. He must know something since he was the only one left at home after Alex and I left.

"John! Open the door!" I knocked fiercely until his sleepy head popped out.

"Dude, what?" he slurred.

"Where's mom and dad?" 

"In their room, I guess? I don't know? Where were you guys earlier, anyway? You know what, whatever. I'm going back to sleep," he was in the process of closing the door but I inserted my foot to block the way.

"Our parents are nowhere to be found! I've looked everywhere! Did they tell you something before they left? Did you hear any weird noices, perhaps?"

"No, I was up-" his eyes widened as he looked over my shoulder. "Who the hell are you?!"

"John! Focus!" I snapped my fingers in his face. He paid me no mind and instead kept eye contact with Chase as he pulled himself to his full height.

"I asked you a question," Whoa, what the heck? Mean John is not very common.

"Does it really matter?" Chase goaded.

"Guys, this isn't the time! We gotta find-"

"Annie, there's a stranger in our house and you're asking me if I know where my parents went? They're adults! They can fend for themselves! For all we know they probably went for a walk in the neighborhood!"