Chapter 2: Kinda had to knock him out....

With some difficulty, I dragged Roger towards my car. He was being uncooperative and dragging his feet the whole way. At least he handcuffed his hands to his back like I told him to.

I pushed him into the back and climbed in the driver’s seat. I installed a metal divider between the front and back seats a few years ago after an incident with a criminal. I had a bruise on my right cheek from his kicking feet. Needless to say, I knocked him out real good. I wasn’t gonna put up with that crap.

I pulled out of the old parking lot and headed towards Boss’s office, 45 minutes away from my position. I always put on Slipknot because the criminals always wanted to have a little chat. They seem to like kicking the metal divider or yelling obscenities to me. Slipknot drowned all of their pathetic whining out all the time.

I reached Boss’s building (a 4 story business looking building) and headed towards the back. Boss’s building was situated behind a childcare center, a convenient place to ward off the federals. Our business isn’t part of the government or anything. It’s independently owned, but it’s not like the government doesn’t know about us. They just choose to turn a blind eye and, frankly, that works for everybody. As I reached the back, I pushed a tiny button located at the bottom of my set, and the makeshift wall in front of me opened up. I pulled up quickly and pushed the same button to close the wall. I was now inside a heavily guarded room with steel bars everywhere. Before getting off, I flashed the guards my tattoo on my arm. They lowered their weapons and some went back to what they were doing. I turned off my car, and welcomed the silence. Slipknot could really do a number on you. Three of the guards came up to my car and opened the back door.

Before they could pull him out I said, “This one needs to be alive per clients.”

 I stepped out and noticed who the guards were, Jim, Jack, and Jason. My three J’s! The three of them have had random classes with me in college, but not once had I talked to them there. We only talked when I was in assignment and I had my ski mask on. They still haven’t picked up who I am. Jim and Jack had a much more bulky build then Jason, who had a more average body type. They were also extensively trained by some bodyguards, but not by assassins.

Sometimes I wish I could tell them who I was in the real world so I wouldn’t have to hide from them in school. I can’t really hang out with these guys in my ski mask.

“One day you’re going to have to kill someone, you know,” Jason said.

“Nah, our little Emily would never have the balls to do it,” Jim teased. Jim and Jack had Roger by the arms, and by the noises Roger was making, it was painful. The three trudged forward towards the locked door in front. Jason slid his card to get in while still holding his big gun at Roger. I followed behind.

“Hey! That’s sexist! I could kill anyone I want, I just choose not to,” I frowned. They were always on my case about not killing anyone like other assassins who come in do. It’s not like they were serious, but it still hurt my ego to know that they don’t think I’m strong enough to kill.

They opened up a small cell and roughly pushed Roger inside. I walked past them and headed towards the another door at the end of the hall that led inside the building.

“Boss is looking for you, by the way,” yelled Jason, before the door closed behind me.  It was still dark outside, so I had at least an hour to get back home.

I headed towards Boss’s office, located on the fourth floor. Once I reached it, I knocked hard. His door was bulletproof, as were his walls in his office.

“Come in Emily,” He must have hidden cameras around here, but i can never find them!

"You wanted to see me?" Now that i was inside I was able to take my ski mask off. Boss was one of three people in the world that knew who i was. The other two, Laura and Mike, were my trainers.  He motioned for me to sit down and I complied.