Chapter 29: I need a drink.

"Shh! She's waking up!"

"Annie? Honey?" 

My eyes peeked open only to see my mother standing an inch away from my nose, "Mom, what the hell." I croaked out. My throat felt so scratchy.

"Don't try to sit up! The doctor said you received a concussion when you fell down the stairs," she explained as she walked towards my bathroom. In the corner of my eye I saw my father leave quickly from the room.

Stairs? A concussion? 

What happened?!

I thought back as far as I could but couldn't remember falling down the stairs. 

Really, though. An assassin falling down the stairs? Hardy har-har.

I tried to sit up but a furious pounding on my head and a sharp pain on my stomach prevented me from doing so. I clutched my stomach and grimaced as I laid back down.

Maybe I'm just hungry.

I lifted the blanket off of me and was about to slide off of bed, but was debilitated again by a searing pain coming from my stomach.

It can't be my monthly visit... I just had it like 2 weeks ago! 

Once again, I placed my hand onto my stomach, but this time I felt a hot liquid seeping through my sweatshirt. 

Shocked, I looked down and noticed a growing red stain.

What the hell.

Why am I bleeding?! 

"Honey, I stocked your medicine cabinet with pain killers and some toothpaste!" I heard my mom yell from my bathroom. Quickly, I slid my legs back under the blanket as I heard her exit the bathroom.

 "Don't you brush your teeth? You were completely out of toothpaste in there," she walked over and fluffed up my pillows. 

Holy cow. Does she know I'm bleeding? 

Probably not. She only mentioned the concussion.

She kneeled next to my bed and placed her head on the pillow next to me, "How are you feeling?"

"Better," I answered. I really need water, though, "Water, please?" I asked, my futile attempt at getting her out of my room so I can bandage up whatever is wrong with my stomach.

She jumped up in realization, "Oh yes! Of course! How silly of me," she bent down and gave me a kiss on the cheek, "You scared me, you know. You scared all of us." she whispered.

"What happened?" I asked before she could leave the room.

"I'll let Alex explain. He's the one that found you," and with that she left my room.

Time to check this badboy out. 

I got out of bed, swaying just a little from the dizziness that engulfed me. As it was settling, I sauntered over to my bathroom and sat down on the toilet... with the cover down. This is no time to do my business.

I carefully lifted my sweater, which now had a grapefruit sized red blotch, off of my skin. I breathed out in surprise as I saw it was, in fact, a wound. It was bandaged up, but I seem to have irritated it and opened up the wound from moving. I'll have to replace this, like, now.

I took out the necessary items as I tried hard to remember what caused this injury to happen. It's so weird. I can't remember anything.

All I remember is talking to Tony and at one point punching him. I don't know for what reason, but he must've deserved it.