Chapter 16: Wait a second..

Sunday passed without an incident. I was expecting Chase or Alex to burst into my house at any moment, but surprisingly they never showed up. I was grateful for that. I didn't want to speak to any of them. Especially Chase.

I opened the door to my first class and immediately spotted Jenny sitting in our usual place. I made a beeline for the seat next to her but hesitated when I saw Margaery on the seat next to mine. I just hope she doesn't think we're actually friends. I don't know her that well and frankly I don't like her.

"Hey Annie! how was your weekend?" Margaery cheerfully accosted me. I turned my head slightly towards Jenny to gauge her reaction. She was as confused and wary as me.

"Fine, I guess," I replied.

"Well I heard you had a fun filled Friday!" she whispered, "Who's the cute blondie? Is he your boyfriend? You both look so good together!"

I looked at Jenny again, wondering if she told her about Alex, but only received a slight shoulder-shrug and a head shake.

"No, he's just a friend."

"Good Morning class." the professor started, "Today we will begin on..."

~

"God, I thought she would never shut-up!" exclaimed Jenny, "Why are you both so buddy-buddy all of a sudden?"

"We're not, believe me." I defended, "I've no idea why she's so happy all of a sudden. It's weird and creepy." I laughed. It feels good to be able to speak like a normal girl for once in a while.

"Yea.... and speaking of creepy," Jenny jerked her head to the side. I looked to where she was pointing but didn't see anything.

"What?" I asked, looking back down at her.

"That," head jerk, "guy," head jerk, "hasn't stopped looking at us since we got out of class! In fact, he was looking our way during class too! I'm surprised you didn't even notice, you're usually on top of these things."

I finally saw what she meant.

Jason was staring straight at me with a look of concentration. That's odd. I shifted my arm back, feigning a scratch, and checked to make sure my weapons were concealed. Wary of our open position, I led Jenny towards our next class. I wish I knew why he was looking at me that way.

Oh God... what if my assassin information has been revealed too..! I had to get ahold of Boss somehow. Maybe I could use the payphone located outside of school.

I left Jenny in our next class, assuring her I needed to go to the restroom alone. These girls and their need for companionship in the restrooms.

I walked down the now lonely hallways, making my way towards the school parking lot. I'm sure I've seen a payphone around here somewhere.

"Hey, Emily!"

Geez, I didn't even hear someone running behind me. I need to be more aware of m--

Wait a second..

________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

WHO IS IT!! :O [let's see how many people will figure it out!! :D ]

So short! Will compensate on thursday or friday for it!

READ!!!!>>>

[[note: I don't know how an assassin thinks or acts, so I'm making up my own version of how I BELIEVE assassins would act. That's why i've made Chase sort of 'aloof' of most things but fighting and killing. And Annelise is also that way, but she's a tiny bit more intune with the real world (I suspect because she hasn't actually killed anyone before, and Jenny unknowingly helps keep her grounded as much as possible). I'm sad it doesn't rise to the expectations of some, but oh freakin well. I can't please everyone can I. I still love you, though!]]