Chapter 39 3/4: Urgent matters call for urgent measures

"Mom, are you ok?" I sneaked a glanced at her pale face again. We've been driving close to an hour now and have yet to reach the city limits. Mom's face was starting to get grossly pale and I knew she was hurting from the bullet on her side. The piece of cloth tied around her midsection isn't doing a good job of containing the blood either.

"Yes. Lets just get home quickly," she said. Her voice sounded normal but I knew better. It's the same voice I'm currently using despite of the coursing pain in my arm. It feels like the poison stopped at my shoulder.

Boy, we're both in bad shape. Who let us drive alone?!

"Alright, you should call dad right now and let him know we're going to speed over the speed limit," I advised. 

"Just pass him up ahead; he'll get the hint."

Doing as I was told and sped past them quickly, and just as she said, my dad sped up too following closely behind. We're lucky there aren't any cops around.

I winced as my arm suddenly felt pressure. I looked down but saw nothing. My right arm was resting across my lap and nothing was against it.  It would really suck if I have to amputate it.

Urgent matters call for urgent measures.

I picked up the speed, going 120 miles per hour. I hope dad can keep up. Also, I hope my parents know about these types of wounds 'cause there's no way I can go to a hospital in this condition.

"What's the matter?"

"Huh?" I looked sideways and noticed her looking at me with a worried expression, "Oh, nothing. We just need to get home quickly: you don't look so good."

She sighed and continued looking out of the window, "I've had worse, you know. There's no need to worry about me," she turned back to me, "What about you? Are you feeling ok? Do you want me to drive?"

"No, I'm fine. We're almost there anyway," and it's true. Two more exits and we'll be on the road home.

She looked back to make sure they were still following us, "Your father is right behind," she confirmed.

A pain coursed across my shoulder blades. This poison might be spreading. It's a good thing we're just around the corner from the house now.

"Oh honey, creep up to the house slowly," my mom cautioned.

"Why?"

"Your friends might still be there."

"My friends?" Jenny? Chase? Tony?

"Yes. Jenny and a blonde girl... whose name I just forgot."

"Blonde girl?"

"Yes, she was very rude," she admonished, "Pick your friends wisely."

Margaery?

"Was it Margaery?" I asked.

"Oh yes! That's the name. She came barging in claiming you were in danger. If it wasn't for her we wouldn't've known something was wrong. So I guess I'll give her that."

"Wait- so she's the one who told you? But, we're not even friends," I mostly spoke for myself. What's Margaery doing now?

"Well, it was her doing. Also, I think Jenny knows about you. You need to be careful, being an assassin isn't a hobby," she opened her door just as I parked the car on the driveway, "Don't think we're done with this conversation. You're in big trouble, missy." She closed the door on her side and limped to the front door just as my dad and the boys parked next to me. 

Why am I still getting reprimanded? I should get some leeway since I basically saved John and Alex's life. I mean, really.

I unbuckled and opened the door. Just as I stepped out of the car, black dots clouded my vision. Holy crap. 

I shot my arms out to steady myself, but ended up falling back against the car. A shocked breath escaped my mouth. 

"Um, dad?" I called out. He walked around his car before spotting me standing there awkwardly.

"What's wrong?" he ran over to me.

"I can't feel my arm anymore." 

_______________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

HOLY GUACAMOLE!! Is she going to need amputation procedures or wat. Lets hope not!

Hope you enjoyed this tidbit of an info chapter! :D

<3